UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Gattuso talks spring practice, coaching changes and the upcoming season.  Interesting how he says Bernard is a defensive coach.  Then why was he the OC?!?!?

https://twitter.com/UAlbanySports/status/978301796488642560

Had to find room on the staff for his BFF. I think his thought process was:

"No room on defense, so let's let him run the offense."

Took him a few years to realize that was a stupid decision.

I'd like to think the email I sent him after the first few games of the season (where he basically told me to shove my opinion where the sun don't shine and that none of what ANY fan says ever matters to him in response) finally got his noggin to realize what ALL of us (literally) have seen for years....

In all seriousness though...I'm glad he finally came to his senses this off season and whoever got him to do so deserves a freakin medal. I like to think, generally speaking, our board is read by various members of the AD/coaching staffs of respective sports. We're not big time boosters shoveling millions...but we aren't dumb either. If the fans are yelling about something every single game...it probably has some merit...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Eli said:

I really $iena decision.  Better make the playoffs Gattuso!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Gattuso talks spring practice, coaching changes and the upcoming season.  Interesting how he says Bernard is a defensive coach.  Then why was he the OC?!?!?

https://twitter.com/UAlbanySports/status/978301796488642560

Well done I'd say!

1 hour ago, uofalbany said:

I really $iena decision.  Better make the playoffs Gattuso!

Short of nepotism not much else you can say for why Bernard has been kept on staff and now shuffled around trying to find him something to do. The guy stunk as an OC and finally GG is like he's a defensive guy. You just figured that out? GG is out of excuses starting this year. 

Edited by Clickclack

Jordan Orlovsky - Offensive Assistant Football Coach - Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami - "I'd rather die enormous, than live dormant." -Jay-Z

https://twitter.com/CoachOrlovsky

Another new Offensive coach!

Edited by HOF2013

5 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Short of nepotism not much else you can say for why Bernard has been kept on staff and now shuffled around trying to find him something to do. The guy stunk as an OC and finally GG is like he's a defensive guy. You just figured that out? GG is out of excuses starting this year. 

I would rather have him on Defense - he has been a defensive coach his entire career until Coach Gatuso put him on offense.  

7 hours ago, Eli said:

I'd like to think the email I sent him after the first few games of the season (where he basically told me to shove my opinion where the sun don't shine and that none of what ANY fan says ever matters to him in response) finally got his noggin to realize what ALL of us (literally) have seen for years....

In all seriousness though...I'm glad he finally came to his senses this off season and whoever got him to do so deserves a freakin medal. I like to think, generally speaking, our board is read by various members of the AD/coaching staffs of respective sports. We're not big time boosters shoveling millions...but we aren't dumb either. If the fans are yelling about something every single game...it probably has some merit...

If I HAD millions I would donate it.  I don't and do donate what I can anyway.

16 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Jordan Orlovsky - Offensive Assistant Football Coach - Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami - "I'd rather die enormous, than live dormant." -Jay-Z

https://twitter.com/CoachOrlovsky

Another new Offensive coach!

Won't judge the man too harshly for quoting a pig$iena, but I will judge his ability of coaching.

6 hours ago, uofalbany said:

Won't judge the man too harshly for quoting a pig$iena, but I will judge his ability of coaching.

I was gonna make a similar comment but held off too!  Did he come from Fordham too??

Edited by HOF2013

Football program has announced two coaches to its staff, the previously mentioned Jordan Orlovsky as an offensive assistant, and hiring EJ  Barthel as running backs coach.  Barthel played fullback at Rutgers and UMass, has been in mostly recruiting positions at Penn State, Temple, and Rutgers

• 3 months later...

Staff Changes????????????????????

EJ Barthel@CoachEJbarthel Running Backs Coach Howard University | Former Rec Coordinator Penn State Football Rutgers Football Temple Football

Damian Mincey@Coach_Mince54 ‏ Proud father and devoted husband. Faith, Family, Football - Running Backs Coach at U of Albany.  From Pace University!

What the??

Edited by HOF2013