UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018/2019 Schedule

22 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Ur right .... As a 17 year old kid I would love to hear we r playing Iona and whomever rather than Kentucky and Duke . My bad. 

I think a 17 year old kid also desires to actually be competitive instead of facing a team of 5 future NBA'ers and losing by 40. At least that would be me. I play in a co-ed softball league (I know, I know, not the same as D1 sports but competition IS competition) and games where the competition level is somewhat even are far more enjoyable than games where the other team should clearly be a league down (if we're smackin them in the mouth) or a league up (if we're getting mercy ruled).

Say what you want but my point is we had an epic schedule last year with a lot of 'strong' teams which turned out to be duds. It didn't matter in the end because we didn't win the AE tourney but what the schedule ended up being would have absolutely given us a crap seed in the dance.

42 minutes ago, madDOG said:

Yeah if we could stop scheduling Oneonta, that'd be great. Also getting sick of seeing the same OOC teams every year. Let's schedule some CAA opponents for a change.

This I can agree with. Wouldn't mind some more variety. How many times are we going to play Dartmouth, Holy Cross, Canisius and Monmouth. Brown is probably reading this post and saying, "Damnit Eli...can't you be happy about anything?"

15 minutes ago, Eli said:

This I can agree with. Wouldn't mind some more variety. How many times are we going to play Dartmouth, Holy Cross, Canisius and Monmouth. Brown is probably reading this post and saying, "Damnit Eli...can't you be happy about anything?"

He could be saying "Dammit Eli...this is the first time we've scheduled Monmouth and we haven't scheduled a series with Dartmouth in six or seven years..."

2 hours ago, KingDane said:

"We think that is important for the area and the sport to annually play the game at Times Union Center." - John D'Argenio, LCC AD. (8/9/2018)

What else do you expect from a clown that hired mitch and patsos back to back... No John... It's important to you hanging on for dear life to whatever shred of over inflated superiority complex that UA is slowly extinguishing.

The days of kicking Albany around are over... Assume your customary position against an athletic department that dwarfs yours... And get used to it. 

Benson... You 'da man! 

2 hours ago, KingDane said:

"We think that is important for the area and the sport to annually play the game at Times Union Center." - John D'Argenio, LCC AD. (8/9/2018)

What else do you expect from a clown that hired mitch and patsos back to back... No John... It's important to you hanging on for dear life to whatever shred of over inflated superiority complex that UA is slowly extinguishing.

The days of kicking Albany around are over... Assume your customary position against an athletic department that dwarfs yours... And get used to it. 

Benson... You 'da man! 

4 hours ago, KingDane said:

Wonder is that loser says that to any other school. He can take a hike. We have 5 of the top 9 maac teams on other schedule and a possibility to play a 6th maac team. That is more than enough for me

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

I'm on with schedule with a team of almost no proven players... If there was ever a year to go soft this is it. 

All I heard at the end of last season was that we don’t offer COLA, we don’t have money like SBU etc. If there was ever a time to go fill the sched with 3-4 buy games this would be the year. 

So when we have proven players we can’t seem to get games. When we have no proven players we go with this. Where’s the medium?

• Like 1

Siena loses a bunch of money by losing this game. Their sponsors want it at the TUC so they get more exposure for their dollar. 

Siena gains a schedule spot to try and get a team they can beat

UA loses an easy win.

UA gains the opportunity to raise it's SOS, and the respect of its fan base.

Too bad we didn't take advantage and gain a better opponent on the schedule.

#SEFCU19 or please another year with no series. LCC will be begging for it to return within a few seasons.

• Thanks 1