Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Clickclack

2018/2019 Schedule

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, olddog71 said:

If LCC wants to play us every year, it can join the America East.

Yeah, but I prefer they don't.

Wouldn't want to dilute all sports just for a below average basketball team ūü§£

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 9:42 AM, Clickclack said:

As for why no money games... Belfast apparently paying 6 figures... That's why no second money game to providence. 

Divided how many ways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason why we are here today, the Siena athletic director realized the Siena faithful would be looking for change in the AD office if he coincided anything.  The word "community" is code for the Siena faithful.  I know a small number of older Siena alumni, none were happy with the past three year deal.  They were upset with last year's seating and how things played out after the season.  Did John give Mark any options? No! So now we can say "we do not play Siena in baseball and men's & women's basketball...field hockey (lol)."

Edited by cwdickens
Missed something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Money games ... Harder to schedule ... With ESPN and major networks setting up match ups between inter regional schools that may not normally happen .... Major schools are looking for the big payday too... Previous commitments ... Open dates issues - traveling concerns ... Many major schools not looking to lose to an America East Conference team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

The reason why we are here today, the Siena athletic director realized the Siena faithful would be looking for change in the AD office if he coincided anything.  The word "community" is code for the Siena faithful.  I know a small number of older Siena alumni, none were happy with the past three year deal.  They were upset with last year's seating and how things played out after the season.  Did John give Mark any options? No! So now we can say "we do not play Siena in baseball and men's & women's basketball...field hockey (lol)."

We havent played them in lacrosse either for a few seasons. ¬†That turned out ok especially this past season. ūüėč

As far as the LCC 90 year olds (which I presume is the minimum age to qualify as older LCC alumni) being upset, who cares. ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£

 

Apparently they are also upset with losing 8 in a row to Vermont as they are no longer on the LCC schedule. Maybe they can face some d2 teams. Just not lemoyne again 

Edited by bob87
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ... I am certain the Siena faithful care even less what is said here or what happens with UAlbany sports.  My hope is that the greater community understands why a deal could not be reached for the Albany Cup games. Life will go on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, cwdickens said:

The reason why we are here today, the Siena athletic director realized the Siena faithful would be looking for change in the AD office if he coincided anything.  The word "community" is code for the Siena faithful.  I know a small number of older Siena alumni, none were happy with the past three year deal.  They were upset with last year's seating and how things played out after the season.  Did John give Mark any options? No! So now we can say "we do not play Siena in baseball and men's & women's basketball...field hockey (lol)."

Regarding LCC fans: false sense of entitlement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entitlement perhaps for some however as Bob87 pointed out Siena did not schedule UVM, a home and home for several years.  We could theorized that Siena was looking to avoid two losses and improve the number of home games down the road.  Division One sports is about $.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 7:45 PM, cwdickens said:

Entitlement perhaps for some however as Bob87 pointed out Siena did not schedule UVM, a home and home for several years.  We could theorized that Siena was looking to avoid two losses and improve the number of home games down the road.  Division One sports is about $.

 

They aren't going to find a team that will play a higher percentage of games on LCC home court than Vermont did now that Benson stood up to the LCC AD. 

But agree they were looking a long way to find teams the could compete with. 20 loss team from California is more their style than Vermont

Edited by bob87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year's game isn't happening. Time to move on. $iena only cared about the $ and didn't care about the community. I already showed how the best solution for the community was home and home. Their AD wanted to save his job by not appearing to give in to the crosstown team. He stared UA down and ended up losing a money maker for his school. Good riddance.

No reason to discuss that low-major program any longer. Let's move on to the games and team we have.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2018 at 12:33 PM, godanesgo99 said:

This year's game isn't happening. Time to move on. $iena only cared about the $ and didn't care about the community. I already showed how the best solution for the community was home and home. Their AD wanted to save his job by not appearing to give in to the crosstown team. He stared UA down and ended up losing a money maker for his school. Good riddance.

No reason to discuss that low-major program any longer. Let's move on to the games and team we have.

Even less reason now to go see any of that teams games than there is to discuss them ūüėč

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

College Sports Madness has been doing their top 144 countdown to the start of the season. They're picking Vermont #1 and Hartford #2 in the AE.

Three of our OOC foes have made their list 

#62 Providence - http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/16569

#111 Iona - http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/16414

#124 Kent State - http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/16387

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Brown to be on Wyland's radio show today at 10:30, 104.5 FM. Probably mostly promoting Coaches vs. Cancer

 

 

Team talk starts about eleven minutes in. Two surgeries so far, possibly a third (no names), happy with our talent, not with our lack of experience, Hank has dropped from 285 to 270 and should be ready for the WWE in a couple of years. "Depth is overrated." Campbell has been showing real leadership.

Edited by UAalum72
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Team talk starts about eleven minutes in. Two surgeries so far, possibly a third (no names), happy with our talent, not with our lack of experience, Hank has dropped from 285 to 270 and should be ready for the WWE in a couple of years. "Depth is overrated." Campbell has been showing real leadership.

I liked:

Wyland I don't know much about your team this year.

CB: Neither do I.

Happy to hear him compare Ahmad Clark with DJ Evans because neither guy played a lot their first year and then became really good starters the next year. Hopefully that's the case with Clark. Sounds like Healy is in the mix as well.

 

Possibly starting three freshman this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×