UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018/2019 Schedule

Just now, ZLK said:

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's pro Albany whether it be fans, players or admins as to why they'd want to play the game without it being a home and home. I really don't see any value in the series without it being a home and home, but maybe I'm missing something.

Right...P5 obviously but that's it...on what planet would we ever give any MAAC team a home game every single year. Especially a bad program like Siena. 

• Like 3

It's evident UA has passed Siena in basketball and Siena wants to stop the beatings so they are looking for a way out of the series where UA will take the blame for the series ending.

Home and Home or nothing.

Edited by Patch
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Patch said:

It's evident UA has passed Siena in basketball and Siena wants to stop the beatings so they are looking for a way out of the series where UA will take the blame for the series ending.

Home and Home or nothing.

All UA has to do is explain that no one in organized sports would accept this type of one-sided arrangement...no one! People will understand. Let Siena go fill the TUC with Bryant or someone like that. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ZLK said:

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's pro Albany whether it be fans, players or admins as to why they'd want to play the game without it being a home and home. I really don't see any value in the series without it being a home and home, but maybe I'm missing something.

You aren't missing anything and there is absolutely no reason to subsidize LCC. If they want all the home games in the series they Albany should get all the money the games generated and then some :)

23 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

All UA has to do is explain that no one in organized sports would accept this type of one-sided arrangement...no one! People will understand. Let Siena go fill the TUC with Bryant or someone like that. 

That really should not need explaining. Maac bottom feeders should consider themselves lucky to get offered the same contact as Iona has. 

As an aside, I think I read somewhere where a Vermont fan said their series with LCC has ended as well. 

Only way I see TUC being feasible is if every other year, UA gets 100% of the cut. Like, every damn last penny. AND we get priority seating/first serve. I'll deal with the Siena floor and banners at that point...but that is the ONLY way.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Eli said:

Only way I see TUC being feasible is if every other year, UA gets 100% of the cut. Like, every damn last penny. AND we get priority seating/first serve. I'll deal with the Siena floor and banners at that point...but that is the ONLY way.

Not good enough...playing at an unfamiliar arena automatically gives Siena the advantage, like spotting them 2 or 3 points at least. 

4 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

The fairest way to do this is to figure out what Siena’s average attendance is and then UA gets every buck above that figure for every seat above the figure.  That’s fair. 

No it's not, they fix their attendance numbers to the tune of 4 digits. 

• Haha 1

Even with that scenario though Albany is once again going out of their way to benefit Siena. 4,000 people is a decent chunk, it's not like we're talking about a 1,000 seat gym. Really shouldn't be a big deal for it to be played at the TUC every other year. Siena can do their normal pregame stuff downtown and bus people uptown if they want.

• Like 1