UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018/2019 Schedule

32 minutes ago, dslyank said:

NO ONE will buy that arena without a professional franchise. No legit professional franchise is coming to Albany. Do the math.

Yep. We can't support a professional team. AFL has tried (and is currently trying again) and failed. The AFL is a joke...I was excited to hear of a new Albany team until I found out the league like 4 teams because like 3-4 others were broke or taking 2-3 years off from playing lol. #JOKE

8 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

With the lacrosse mania in the region, i wouldnt be surprised if the NLL comes sniffing around.  Of course, that's not exactly major, but they do draw upwards of 10k a game in some places.

We had the Albany Attack from 2000-2003 in the NLL. Also failed. Granted Lacrosse is probably WAY bigger now, 15 years later...

This area is terrible in supporting their LOCAL sports teams. If you aren't the Jets, Giants or Yankees, you'll get little to no support here. Even the Mets don't have as strong a following as you'd think 'round here.

Edited by Eli

50 minutes ago, Eli said:

Yep. We can't support a professional team. AFL has tried (and is currently trying again) and failed. The AFL is a joke...I was excited to hear of a new Albany team until I found out the league like 4 teams because like 3-4 others were broke or taking 2-3 years off from playing lol. #JOKE

We had the Albany Attack from 2000-2003 in the NLL. Also failed. Granted Lacrosse is probably WAY bigger now, 15 years later...

This area is terrible in supporting their LOCAL sports teams. If you aren't the Jets, Giants or Yankees, you'll get little to no support here. Even the Mets don't have as strong a following as you'd think 'round here.

That probably has to do with the fact that it's the Mets...#painfulmusingsofaMetsfan

• Haha 1

I keep saying it... We are sports snobs in this area. We have enough disposable income as a region according to multiple census stats to support a major program, but the people won't go unless it is top level. They won't support a minor league team. Major programs would never come here unless we showed enthusiasm for the minor league programs. It's a chicken or the egg problem. 

• Like 1

I am adding a comment here that I added elsewhere concerning the  women's roster.... It is time date to update the men's basketball roster for 2018-2019..same reason: adds clarity - gives people a bit of comfort at a time of "turmoil".

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Is there any word on the continuation of the ALBANY-Siena series?

It's been discussed on the board ad nauseam... consensus is we don't care unless it is 1 for 1, home and home. If it's anything other than that, it either shouldn't be renewed or be 2 at SEFCU for every 1 at TUC until the series is even for number of home games.

9 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Is there any word on the continuation of the ALBANY-Siena series?

We played 4 maac teams last season. I would expect some of the series will continue at the home of the team that was the visitor in 17-18. The one I am most interested in is the one against the maac champion Iona. 

Whether the bottom of the 4 is ready to compete at Albany , I don't care. 2 or 3 maac teams in a season is enough for me. I much rather travel to see a real MAC team play do curious to the date of the expected return get to Kent State