UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018/2019 Schedule

17 minutes ago, Eli said:

Reports are they finally got that Christian guy they wanted. 

Jamion Christian named the new Siena coach...

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/amp/Siena-hires-Christian-as-men-s-basketball-coach-12879049.php?utm_campaign=twitter-desktop&utm_source=CMS Sharing Button&utm_medium=social&__twitter_impression=true

Been looking at some data...Siena's MBB budget is 3.1million, Albany is at 1.85...looks bad right...until you realize while UA is spending 303k on game day operating expenses for the year (read SEFCU) Siena is spending 1.22 million of 39% of their budget goes to game day expenses to put on games. This is for sports year 15/16, latest data available. 

Edited by Clickclack

12 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Been looking at some data...Siena's MBB budget is 3.1million, Albany is at 1.85...looks bad right...until you realize while UA is spending 303k on game day operating expenses for the year (read SEFCU) Siena is spending 1.22 million of 39% of their budget goes to game day expenses to put on games. This is for sports year 15/16, latest data available. 

That's crazy regardless...we're losing money (A LOT OF IT) every game? How much can we make on ticket sales in a sold SEFCU? $100k (4,500 * $20 = $90k)? You think we make $200k in vending/food sales? I don't.

Why the heck does it cost $300k to open the arena for a 2hr game? That's nuts. Is it all those yellow shirts we have all of a sudden which we don't need? I can't imagine the electricity, vendor and staff (audio/video, announcer, etc.) costing that much for 2-3hrs.

Edited by Eli

49 minutes ago, Eli said:

That's crazy regardless...we're losing money (A LOT OF IT) every game? How much can we make on ticket sales in a sold SEFCU? $100k (4,500 * $20 = $90k)? You think we make $200k in vending/food sales? I don't.

Why the heck does it cost $300k to open the arena for a 2hr game? That's nuts. Is it all those yellow shirts we have all of a sudden which we don't need? I can't imagine the electricity, vendor and staff (audio/video, announcer, etc.) costing that much for 2-3hrs.

Pretty sure the $300k figure is for the year..not per game..haha.

Also..I would imagine the overkill of ushers, security staff, etc. has pushed that number higher..given that the $300k data is from 15-16.

8 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Pretty sure the $300k figure is for the year..not per game..haha.

Also..I would imagine the overkill of ushers, security staff, etc. has pushed that number higher..given that the $300k data is from 15-16.

That's correct, data set is from 15/16 and the cost is PER YEAR not per game of $300k. LOL

hahah...totally misread that. "Game day operations" sounded like, literally the day of the game, but now that you mention it I can see that it'd make more sense for that to be cumulative for the whole year. Doh! #brainfart #itwas11soillblameitonthemorning

Edited by Eli

20 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Tuition is higher at Siena than Albany. If scholarship cost is part of the budget equation that's going to give their basketball budget a bigger number also.

Edited by Dane Pound
snark

another link

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2017/11/27/16671208/2018-19-college-basketball-early-season-tournaments-events-mte-neutral-site-showcases-thanksgiving

Hall of Fame Belfast Classic

Nov.-Dec. 2018: Belfast, Northern Ireland: (Milwaukee)
Thu.-Sat., Nov. 29-Dec. 1: Belfast, Northern Ireland: (dates and site confirmed by Greg Procino, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame)

Participants