UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018/2019 Schedule

23 minutes ago, bob87 said:

another link

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2017/11/27/16671208/2018-19-college-basketball-early-season-tournaments-events-mte-neutral-site-showcases-thanksgiving

Hall of Fame Belfast Classic

Nov.-Dec. 2018: Belfast, Northern Ireland: (Milwaukee)
Thu.-Sat., Nov. 29-Dec. 1: Belfast, Northern Ireland: (dates and site confirmed by Greg Procino, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame)

Participants

some of these schools are real dogs...Marist, LIU, Dartmouth...wooof

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 10:15 PM, bob87 said:

UW Milwaukee has a release out on Belfast classic. Dates are November 30 and December 1. Teams involved Albany, buffalo, Dartmouth , Marist, LIU, San Francisco

Stephen f Austin is the 8th team

Edited by bob87

Pretty amusing.  Just checked the UA athletic site and on the Bball page they have a brief story on the Belfast trip.  The Dane they chose on the pic is Campbell.   Guess that is what we are down to for the face of the team, lol.  It's him or Clark I suppose. 

2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Pretty amusing.  Just checked the UA athletic site and on the Bball page they have a brief story on the Belfast trip.  The Dane they chose on the pic is Campbell.   Guess that is what we are down to for the face of the team, lol.  It's him or Clark I suppose. 

Until any of the new pieces step up, there is no one to feature but Campbell. He was 1st team all-defensive, so not only is he the only returner that played significant minutes - he was considered one of the top players in the league last year. By the end of of the OOC, there will definitely be other pieces to highlight. Could be any one of the 14 (including Fruscio)

2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

He’s got as many chips as Cremo and Nichols. 

13 minutes ago, Patch said:

I think Campbell deserves some recognition he is the only returning starter and a 2 time All AE Defensive team member (as voted by the AE coaches).

It seems he AE coaches appreciate him more than most UA fans.

One way player...good role player. 

On 5/10/2018 at 1:08 PM, Clickclack said:

some of these schools are real dogs...Marist, LIU, Dartmouth...wooof

Not much to get excited about with this whole thing, unless you’re traveling to Belfast.

Will these games be webcasted?  Wouldn’t mind beating the hell out of Buffalo.

Team needs Devonte a lot closer to Ray Sanders this upcoming season than what he was last season. Easier said than done since I always thought Ray was the most important piece to that core over his two years here. No point in sitting here bashing him, seems like a really good dude and I doubt he's happy with how last season went. He gets in the gym and gets shots up he can easily be a guy who hits the three in the low to mid 30's, a lot of it is just confidence. If his shot doesn't improve than there's a decision to make, but until then (early next season) there's no reason to harp on what went down last year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Not much to get excited about with this whole thing, unless you’re traveling to Belfast.

Will these games be webcasted?  Wouldn’t mind beating the hell out of Buffalo.

Pretty sure last year the games were on tv on CBS Sports

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZLK said:

Team needs Devonte a lot closer to Ray Sanders this upcoming season than what he was last season. Easier said than done since I always thought Ray was the most important piece to that core over his two years here. No point in sitting here bashing him, seems like a really good dude and I doubt he's happy with how last season went. He gets in the gym and gets shots up he can easily be a guy who hits the three in the low to mid 30's, a lot of it is just confidence. If his shot doesn't improve than there's a decision to make, but until then (early next season) there's no reason to harp on what went down last year.

Just to be clear, I'm not bashing him at all...he's a nice piece on a team that lost a lot. He understands what coaches want and what it will take etc. However, I bristle at placing to high an expectation on him. It's unrealistic considering how bad last year was on the offensive side of the court. 

• Like 1

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's pro Albany whether it be fans, players or admins as to why they'd want to play the game without it being a home and home. I really don't see any value in the series without it being a home and home, but maybe I'm missing something.

• Like 2