UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse vs. Harvard, 3/28/18 - 7 PM

57 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

UAlbany coach Scott Marr said Connor Fields re-injured his right knee in the first quarter. He’s questionable for Saturday’s match against Stony Brook.

When I hear MCL sprain, I get worried. And we don't know what the degree was of the sprain which probably means he might have had some sort of minor tear. Again I just think it was a poor move by the head coach on this one. Albany was an 8th seed last year, we are a 4th seed at worse unless we just really drive the bus into a ditch this year so why run the risk of playing your marquee player in a game that we should win without him?

Actually they DO know the degree of injury.  Have talked about it.  Will re-check it tomorrow. Dr. still says no structural damage.  Dr. was on the sideline during the game - I still don't think it was tapped properly for that type of injury but who am I.  

Fields should sit next two games and then they have two weeks off.  Next game should be April 20 or even April 22 against Yale so he is not playing two games in 3 days.  He obviously needs to be 100% for May.  The records and ranking are nice, but this team has a real chance to do something special in Maywith Connor healthy. 

We can all have our opinion on what should or shouldn't be done regarding Fields but there has to be a collaborative effort between medical staff (Dr. and Trainers) and Coaching Staff.

Believe me they know what's at stake more then any one of us.

• Like 1

Patch ... you are right on with your latest comments ... I believe the team adapted well when the situation became clear that Connor would not be out there ... other players stepped up ... love the long pole goal from mid field ... things you do not see often

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Attendance 2283. From the look of the dorms half the students are already gone for the holy days/weekend.

Maybe Fields shouldn’t have played, but that doesn’t mean he aggravated the injury or set himself back further.

Edited by HOF2013

15 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

I repeat.  ANNOUNCERS!.  Sorry..really floored by this development. 

Charlie Voelker (former play by play announcer & GM Albany Colonie Yankees) and Justin Burger (former lacrosse player & son of Jack Burger [NYGiants staff].) did the Canisius game on 3/20. I have not viewed yesterday's broadcast yet; probably same two?

46 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Charlie Voelker (former play by play announcer & GM Albany Colonie Yankees) and Justin Burger (former lacrosse player & son of Jack Burger [NYGiants staff].) did the Canisius game on 3/20. I have not viewed yesterday's broadcast yet; probably same two?

Same two last night. 

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

I watched the game on America East TV ... and Charlie & Justin were outstanding.  Accurate, timely, peppered with some inside info....   A little bit of teaching for some of us that don't really know what to expect of a 10 man ride... and with great humor... with out some of the sappiness we hear from other schools home announcers (Like Maine!!!)  :lol:   Wonderful guys doing a great job.

• Like 1