UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse vs. Harvard, 3/28/18 - 7 PM

There really isn't any other way to explain it and hopefully Coach Marr addresses it in the post game comments. Even if we lose to Yale we are at worst a top 4 seed. Based upon what I saw tonight Connor shouldn't play until Yale, if he is even ready by Yale. He looked like he needs the better part of a month, after tonight probably a month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

JD and defense great first quarter. Offense with six turnovers, and basically playing offense with four players with Connor out there on one leg. I just don't understand it. Coach Marr and Connor both being selfish IMO.

Sorry I don't agree with the selfish thing.  He is the QB.  They actually played better after he left.

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Defense has been great -  but a team has to keep on improving and we are actually getting worse at man up. Come tournament time the turnovers and poor man up execution is going to bit us.

Connor should not have been out there. I love Coach Marr and that he trusts players, but tonight cost Connor at least a week or two of recovery time. That was not a good move.

I don't agree with that BUT it was wrapped with an ace bandage - saw him take it off.  It HAS to be taped properly - I taped may a kid with a minor knee sprain over the years.  NEEDs to be taped for the support

43 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I can't say Connor did more damage, but in the first minute or so he went down on a pretty harmless check/hit and limped off and just didn't look right at all. The Harvard defender didn't even really have to guard him and most of the first half and part of the 3rd quarter we were basically playing down a man.

The guy actually went down on him and forced him to the ground and he got up limping.  Doesn't mean he hurt it worse. 

That is exactly  my point. We scored 4 goals in the first half and 10 in the 2nd half. It was selfish to have Connor in there when a blind man could have seen that he wasn't right and the risk far outweighed and reward of playing Connor tonight. 

As great as the Thomson's are/were, they didn't have the complete cast Albany has now from goalie, defense, FOGO, and supporting offensive cast. The Danes are in rarified air and it would be a travesty to blow it by putting a player out there who clearly isn't capable of playing.

37 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I really hope not and if that is the case then it was a BAD mistake by the coaching staff.  Yale is the biggest game left on the schedule.  Hold him out this weekend and let him recover for that game.  

Yeah, that scared me. He got pushed and just collapsed to the ground and then hopped off the field.  There is NO NEED TO RISK FURTHER INJURY!  I don't care if we lose to Stony Brook, we need a healthy Connor Fields.

We don't play Yale for almost a month and have two full weeks off right before that game.

4 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

That is exactly  my point. We scored 4 goals in the first half and 10 in the 2nd half. It was selfish to have Connor in there when a blind man could have seen that he wasn't right and the risk far outweighed and reward of playing Connor tonight. 

As great as the Thomson's are/were, they didn't have the complete cast Albany has now from goalie, defense, FOGO, and supporting offensive cast. The Danes are in rarified air and it would be a travesty to blow it by putting a player out there who clearly isn't capable of playing.

That is true!  

2 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

If you think Connor was OK to play tonight than we can agree to disagree.  Again I would love to have all of you tell me I was wrong, and I LOVE Connor, but tonight set back his recovery.

I didn't say that.  I don't have a problem with him starting the game.  I do not think he was taped properly.  I watched him remove an ace bandage at 1/2 time.  THAT is not the way you tape a knee that has an sprain, even a light one.  Unless it as taped under the ace.  Wasn't able to see that.  I could be totally wrong because I could not see his knee when the ace was removed.

2 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

How's the crowd?

Attendance 2283. From the look of the dorms half the students are already gone for the holy days/weekend.

Maybe Fields shouldn’t have played, but that doesn’t mean he aggravated the injury or set himself back further.

UAlbany coach Scott Marr said Connor Fields re-injured his right knee in the first quarter. He’s questionable for Saturday’s match against Stony Brook.

When I hear MCL sprain, I get worried. And we don't know what the degree was of the sprain which probably means he might have had some sort of minor tear. Again I just think it was a poor move by the head coach on this one. Albany was an 8th seed last year, we are a 4th seed at worse unless we just really drive the bus into a ditch this year so why run the risk of playing your marquee player in a game that we should win without him?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

We don't play Yale for almost a month and have two full weeks off right before that game.

Yeah, I wrote that wrong. Sorry.  I did think it was only SBU and UMBC games before Yale.  Didn't realize we also had Bingo stuffed in there.  I would still hold him out a game or two and let it fully heal so it doesn't come back.  No need to risk it. 

https://twitter.com/ByMichaelKelly

Marr basically said they were holding him out on Saturday.  He said it is very tough on Connor who has never been hurt and WANTS to play.  AND Marr did NOT really say that Connor was "questionable going forward".  He said he would probably not play Saturday and then they have a week off and Then a bye week.

Edited by HOF2013