UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Men's Lacrosse vs Stony Brook

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Nanticoke’s ball security today is putrid. 

Those of us who sit near each other were talking about that.  He was really off today.  They were all off the first  1/2.  They showed they can win without two of the best senior attack guys.  Can some body tell me WHAT the refs were there for today!!!!

1 hour ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Not watching, but based on what I’m reading online, defense seems to be the issue more than offense. 8 goal 1st half isn’t bad for UA.

No I thought the defense was mostly outstanding today.  It was talk of our section.   HUGE crowd!  Any idea on numbers

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

About what I expected. it was really windy at the stadium today.

Tehoka 6 turnovers. He had some nice plays, but that is rough. Hopefully he learns from it and gets coached up.

Eccles was like 1 or 10 shooting.

Besides TD, I want to see the ground ball stats. We were not great on loose balls, especially around JD.

I need to watch the game again, but I think 3-4 of SB's goals came from plays where we whiffed on a ground ball or slid to a ghost and gave up an easy look. I'll have to ask, but still don't understand what we are doing on the very early slides. I hope we don't play a team like Denver.

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I think TD pitched a shutout. SB was not bad and their goalie was getting it done. Nice passes by Nanticoke. They won comfortably, but not easily. Good D1 experience for the youngsters!

Yep he won them all - there was once when the ball was checked out of his hand and they got it. 

Was 24 for 24 again!

Edited by HOF2013

46 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Considering the new moving parts, take the win.  Defense did play a bit sloppy in 2nd quarter.   Tehoka had some pretty assists but he still trys to split 2 guys and turns it over too many times.  Diamond and Laffin were ok, nothing exciting.  Paterson I thought could have done more.  TD did not lose a FO so with all those possessions,  the outcome should have been decided earlier.   Move on to UMBC. 

AGREE!

29 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Defense did play pretty well. Not quite as good as they did against Harvard. Need to be better at getting the ball off of the ground. We gave SB too many extra opportunities. 

Yes but they seem to be fighting for ground balls better. Got to work harder in front of the net though.  Sims and Perla had great games.  Sims ran right over guys trying to pic on him.

We had 16 turnovers, 8 of them SB forced.  GB's are an issue here and there.  Seems we lose them when our long sticks try to scoop them up in a scrum which I assume is difficult to do if ball is near your feet and your stabbing at it with a 5 ft pole.  Any former long stick players on the board that can attest to that?

Troy Reh has a great stick.

I played long pole way back in the day, and it takes a lot of practice to get proficient at scooping a ball in traffic with a long pole. Look at Bomberry for Cuse, or the Maryland and Notre Dame poles. Those guys are wizards and get virtually every contested ground ball. I think our guys are good, but today it cost us 2-3 goals.

• Like 1

Just now, UAalum72 said:

Parking lots looked fuller and more active than during football season. Don’t know if the dorms are closed for the weekend but there seemed to be a few students around

Yeah.  I thought the announced attendance number was low.  4044?

17 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Yeah.  I thought the announced attendance number was low.  4044?

Without the East bleachers and the berm,  4K is probably within a few hundreds of capacity. There were quite a few empty seats in the gold sections.

Time to rest for next week's match at UMBC .... I agree with those that said defense & offense played well in stretches ... definite more good stretches then Stony Brook ... yes a great crowd .... as a three sport season ticket holder ,,, Lacrosse crowds have really rocked Casey ... seems beer sales are doing well LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Without the East bleachers and the berm,  4K is probably within a few hundreds of capacity. There were quite a few empty seats in the gold sections.

Probably right.  Girls game should have been an hour earlier.  Messed with parking - they were turning people away and there were a LOT leaving after the girls game and spaces were freed up late.