UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

1 hour ago, Eli said:

But he didn't fulfill his requirement of returning 4 years of basketball in exchange for a free education that many of us payed thousands upon thousands for. I guess I should have made more sense lol. I've edited my post...

That's just my opinion on what it means to be #PurpleFam. All are welcome to disagree :).

Loyalty goes both way... Scholarship are renewed yearly. I've come to terms with it... You will too. 

Just now, Clickclack said:

While we rage somewhere Will Brown is plotting his next moves... Can't wait to see what he comes up with. 

Don't think a dude who has 5 chips is gonna lay down and take it next year... 

He’s gotta be wondering how the Bing did this happen after 3 consecutive championships. 

I trust WB though and this might be what he needs to get his edge back.

I don't know why but I keep going back to the championship game two years ago in Vermont where we were leading until late when David tried to take over the game and blew it. Not sure that it has anything to do with this whatsoever but I feel like if they won that game, none of this would be happening. I could be totally wrong but that game just keeps popping into my head. 

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

He’s gotta be wondering how the Bing did this happen after 3 consecutive championships. 

I trust WB though and this might be what he needs to get his edge back.

Same way he thought about the Anthony Raffa, Ambrose, Harris, Suero year(s).  Things will be okay just might need to take some time.

25 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I don't know why but I keep going back to the championship game two years ago in Vermont where we were leading until late when David tried to take over the game and blew it. Not sure that it has anything to do with this whatsoever but I feel like if they won that game, none of this would be happening. I could be totally wrong but that game just keeps popping into my head. 

Everyone forgets that Cremo missed a crucial one and one with under 2 min left and forced a layup for no reason. 

For someone who shot 85%+ from the line he missed a ton of important free throws.

Edited by UA'08

Probably some unwarrented hate by me on Joe, but it is what it is. I’m a fan of the front of the jersey first. I don’t know him and I’m sure he’s a good dude, but it’s about Albany and as far as I’m concerened he bailed. That’s sports for ya.

1 hour ago, dane85 said:

“Coach Brown was great through it all," Nichols told Gazette sportswriter Michael Kelly. "He did nothing but try to help.”

Interesting quote from David. I think we noticed through the years he was having some problems on the court, and who knows off the court. He lost his sister while he was here at college too. His dad had a much larger presence here at games (made scoreboard too :) )this year than in previous years...at a lot more games...traveling from Chicago...which can't be ignored. Hopefully he gets whatever he needs.

Edited by MRSGDG

21 hours ago, dslyank said:

Do not think the two things are equal. Grad transfers coming out of majors are usually NOT impact players @ that level. And if they are, they simply go to another major. I think Foster started  only one game in three years before UA and his #s & minutes were less than small. So when as you say the other side of the rule happens, the majors take impact players from non-majors, so they can provide some depth or ride the bench? Not at all an equal exchange. For majors just swapping someone they do not want for someone they may or may not want. The mid/low majors lose someone they usually WANT or at the minimum very happy to have, for again some they might want. I am probably NOT saying this right; but it seems to me @ some level the grad transfer rule like everything else ncaa helps the rich at the expense of the poor.

I am in agreement with what you are saying. The guy from the high major coming down isn't coming down because he was dominating with the big boys. I should have said that when typing  my original comment because I was thinking about the difference in what we were getting to what they were giving up and now what they are getting and we are giving up. 

I don't think this has been posted but here is an interview with Zach Bye discussing Cremo.  Was surprised to hear him say he will get 25 mins a game at a power 5 school and he vaulted to the TOP of the grad transfer list right when it was announced.  Seriously?  With all the guys transferring from mid-majors and majors Cremo is the top of the list?

Edited by DanesRGood
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I don't think this has been posted but here is an interview with Zach Bye discussing Cremo.  Was surprised to hear him say he will get 25 mins a game at a power 5 school and he vaulted to the TOP of the grad transfer list right when it was announced.  Seriously?  With all the guys transferring from mid-majors and majors Cremo is the top of the list?

CONFIDANT speakssss