UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

54 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

What are the terms of his contract? How many years etc? He's done some good things and some really strange things with some of the policy decision, Title IX etc. 

3 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Unless that person was the sxhool President, I’m not buying it.  The President is not letting info like that leak.  

That said, not sure he had done enough to wipe away the title ix issue he inherited but, more importantly, not sure his ticket procedures gave us any leg up on finances.  Arguably, it’s been made worse

Jury still out.  

Came in 2014.  My understanding that's it's a 5 year and hasn't been extended yet.  @Dane96 Person is pretty well connected but I'm with you.   The person that told me ddefinitely would have had contact with the President before but can't see how this would have come up in conversation.  Suppose it could have been a leak from someone else that picked on some general dissatisfaction.  Lots of things could have been handled better so, agreed, jury still out.

9 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I imagine most things are a team effort..to some extent..but my understanding was that the stadium gift was mainly a development thing and less so athletics. 

Ding Ding.  

We have a winner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was able to listen to most of Joe's interview.  The one thing he said that stuck with me was about getting national exposure....wonder if seeing and hearing and reading about Heurter put stars in his own eyes....someone has to be in his ear telling him he is better than he is IMO...good luck to Joe, hope he finds what he's lookin' for....I personally think he and UA was a perfect fit for his game...I also agree about Wheeler Baker.  That kid showed so much potential and ended up ruining his college career when he want back out his way.  I still can see his drive through the lane in traffic one-handed slam....we don't see that from our athletes too often...what could have been!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danstep said:

I was able to listen to most of Joe's interview.  The one thing he said that stuck with me was about getting national exposure....wonder if seeing and hearing and reading about Heurter put stars in his own eyes....someone has to be in his ear telling him he is better than he is IMO...good luck to Joe, hope he finds what he's lookin' for....I personally think he and UA was a perfect fit for his game...I also agree about Wheeler Baker.  That kid showed so much potential and ended up ruining his college career when he want back out his way.  I still can see his drive through the lane in traffic one-handed slam....we don't see that from our athletes too often...what could have been!!!

Baker had demons beyond basketball to deal with...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danstep said:

Thing about Joe's game is he wasn't a selfish enough player where he was going to take enough shots to drop 30 consistently enough to get national attention at a mid major school...on top of us not playing at a fast pace. To me his game translates to any level, has a Greivis Vazquez type game (Joe's smaller) where he's not overly athletic, but he's very crafty and can shoot the $iena out of the ball. Definitely interested to see him at a high level next year, think his game translates really well in the right situation.

• Confused 1

On 3/31/2018 at 2:14 PM, cwdickens said:

The question is: Will the UAlbany fans still be reflecting and discussing these departures one year from now ... we will have to wait to see how next season plays out... just like the other 350 Division I schools that play basketball ... many which are dealing with similar issues

Again, there is a need to move on from this event ..Joe Cremo is part of our past not our future

• Like 1

Joe is a good kid and probably a fine young man...but from strictly a basketball point of view...if he thinks he's getting 15 minutes a game at Duke he's insane. He's gonna be Duke's version of Fruscio...

So the decision is:

1) Be a practice dummy for the one-n-done's aka scout team and live the life that Duke lives
2) Shoot WAY lower where you can actually say you contributed to the game(s)

Luckily Grayson Allen is graduating...wouldn't want Cremo learning how to trip people from that scrub.

Edited by Eli

26 minutes ago, Eli said:

Joe is a good kid and probably a fine young man...but from strictly a basketball point of view...if he thinks he's getting 15 minutes a game at Duke he's insane. He's gonna be Duke's version of Fruscio...

So the decision is:

1) Be a practice dummy for the one-n-done's aka scout team and live the life that Duke lives
2) Shoot WAY lower where you can actually say you contributed to the game(s)

Luckily Grayson Allen is graduating...wouldn't want Cremo learning how to trip people from that scrub.

He has a very useful skill at that level...his outside shooting. I'm not sure he's going to a P5 league to be a POY candidate. I'd have to think he's realistic about what he's going to be able to do at that level. A really good rotation/bench player. 

Edited by Clickclack

20 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Just reading some very in the know Twitter folks saying that Joe would either start or be the sixth man at Duke depending on the lineup.  David just took a visit to FSU.

Just doesn't seem likely, if there was an open starting spot they needed him to fill the offer would be on the table already. Anyone who's guessing on it is thinking Zion would play the 5 for Duke since you have Barrett, Reddish in the 2-3 slot with Zion at the 4 if he doesn't play the 5. If they go small and Zion plays the 5 there's a shot, but you also have Alex O'Connell he would have to jump over to start. Could be awesome if Joe could slide into a 6th man role with them and get significant minutes (15-20 a game?), just seems like a long shot. 

My guess is Duke adds E.j. Montgomery or another big or two and Duke doesn't go completely small.