UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

Lets not forget that with Joe and David on the roster we did win 67 game in 3 seasons and they were true Student/athletes!!!!

We should appreciate them for their accomplishments.

Our standard has become the NCAAs so they did fall short there but they really had a good run.

I wish them the BEST and hope they are not disappointed at the end of next season.

Edited by Patch
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, Patch said:

Lets not forget that with Joe and David on the roster we did win 67 game in 3 seasons and they were true Student/athletes!!!!

Our standard has become the NCAAs so they did fall short there but they really had a good run.

I wish them the BEST and hope they are not disappointed at the end of next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patch said:

Facts as well.

8 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Or in the OOC. A bunch of potential dates open, and I don't think big schools would be afraid of a team of freshman and transfers (and 2 experienced players). Might be an opportunity to play in several high profile games.

Please PLEASE drop Oneonta and pick up a money game to pay for COLA!

• Thanks 1

Have all of those schools offered Cremo a scholarship? I am not sure he is in the position to make people wait. The thought that continuously pops into my head is the fact that Nichols and Cremo  could not win the America East championship. We have had five other groups of young men that did.  We had the talent but not the heart or the championship demeanor.  Have the feeling they will have irritated rear ends warming up the bench by end of season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Please PLEASE drop Oneonta and pick up a money game to pay for COLA!

That won't happen. Brown is FORCED to do it. At least from what I remember during a pre-season season ticket holder event I attended like 3 years ago where that question was asked. Don't remember if it was by the AE or by the school...but he said he has no choice in the matter (not Oneonta specifically but scheduling D2/D3).

4 hours ago, Eli said:

That won't happen. Brown is FORCED to do it. At least from what I remember during a pre-season season ticket holder event I attended like 3 years ago where that question was asked. Don't remember if it was by the AE or by the school...but he said he has no choice in the matter (not Oneonta specifically but scheduling D2/D3).

I was at that same event. It was 3 years ago. I think he said he was forced to because he needed another home game and couldn't get anyone else. The school wanted at least 15 home games to help with season ticket sales. They probably had a multi year agreement.

I was at same preseason ticket event ... reasons for Oneonta was a home game given ... other AE teams were scheduling two and sometimes three D2/D3 games ... not a conference thing per say .... Will Brown discussed the number of D2/D3 games by AE schools again prior to 2017 - 2018 season

This is actually the first year I wouldn't really have a problem with the Oneonta game. Considering we just lost everyone but the mascot to graduation or transfer and we're going to have a bunch of new starters. If there were ever a time to play this game it would be this year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Considering we just lost everyone but the mascot to graduation or transfer and we're going to have a bunch of new starters.

It seems (on paper at least) that Brown & Company have responded very positively. Most on this blog seem pretty positive about the "rebuilding response"; some post even quite giddy. I know only time will tell; but for you stat junkies what are the rating sites saying about this recruiting class {or is it too early to look at these sites}?? 

Edited by dslyank

37 minutes ago, dslyank said:

It seems (on paper at least) that Brown & Company have responded very positively. Most on this blog seem pretty positive about the "rebuilding response"; some post even quite giddy. I know only time will tell; but for you stat junkies what are the rating sites saying about this recruiting class {or is it too early to look at these sites}?? 

Other than trying to extrapolate out of their JUCO stats how well it translates to a D1 game, not much is available right now on sites such as KenPom etc. Have to be encouraging that a few of the kids appear to be good shooters, that can translate well to the D1 games. Obviously right now is mostly gut based on what's available on tape with respect to athleticism, effort etc.  

47 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Generally impossible to find ratings for recruits at this level, at least from my experience. You'll get smaller articles saying some players are a steal, or a mention here or there about how a kid had higher level offers, but nothing concrete. For the most part if any of the big boys have seen these players play it's because they were on a team with a higher level recruit or they were playing against a team with a higher level recruit. Even if you look a guy like Anthony Lamb who people were high on as a good get for Vermont  247 barely had him in their system and had him ranked as the 412th best player in his class as a three star.

• Like 1