UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

Some of the people on this board seem like recently dumped boyfriends that cant get over the loss of their hot girlfriends.

Neither won anything here, correct, but both represented the university well, and will continue to do so throughout this season. Beyond that, Cremo is a local kid. 

If you feel burned by them fine. No reason to bitch and complain in this thread. Many of us will continue to root for them both and may want to discuss how they do in their new roles. Get over yourselves. Move on.

David looked pretty good for the most part, but made some bad decisions. Really the same stuff that plagued him here last season. 

Joe seemed comfortable, but it also looked like he was used in the way he stated he didnt want to be used. He pretty much was spotting up on the outside, and if he didn't get the ball he was uninvolved. On a different note, I couldn't stop thinking about Bill Laimbeer with the facemask.

• Like 4

I’m over Cremo and Nichols as far as the impact on UA. They are gone and that’s that. The rules allow them to leave as grad transfers so they’ve done nothing wrong. I’ve a huge problem with the one and done NBA feeder mills that laughingly call themselves college basketball programs. It’s not possible to tell the impact of the two in terms of good will and publicity when Albany gets mentioned. Brown has signed grad transfers and so we shouldn’t kick when our guys leave. I root for local kids no matter where they play, so Cremo gets my support. Nichols was just passing through. I don’t wish him ill will at all. 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2018 at 3:58 PM, jimbo said:

I’m over Cremo and Nichols as far as the impact on UA. They are gone and that’s that. The rules allow them to leave as grad transfers so they’ve done nothing wrong. I’ve a huge problem with the one and done NBA feeder mills that laughingly call themselves college basketball programs. It’s not possible to tell the impact of the two in terms of good will and publicity when Albany gets mentioned. Brown has signed grad transfers and so we shouldn’t kick when our guys leave. I root for local kids no matter where they play, so Cremo gets my support. Nichols was just passing through. I don’t wish him ill will at all. 

Yup, many difficulties this year are on Coach B for not playing subs more last year. We had a mediocre result in a basement conference. Hope Coach B learns and plays a deeper bench. 

Watched the replay of Cremo's 2nd game vs Quinnipiac.  He started the game and had a ton of playing time.

Actually looks like he fits in well with Villanova.   From Albany to the national champion.  Not too far from home.

I believe tonight they play Michigan.  Should be a test.

I watched alot of the game, and Joe was not at the same level as the Michigan players.   Got beat on dribble drives couple times and Jay pulled him.  Had hard time getting open for 3's.  Speed and length of top teams will cut his minutes this season.   Had one good drive but couldn't finish at rim.

12 minutes ago, alum73 said:

Are we really going to discuss every game they play the rest of the year?

Seriously. They aren't here. They aren't part of the purple fam no mo. Can't we just move on?

If one of them drops 30 on someone, by all means, lets update the group but a guy getting 2 points off the bench in 16 minutes is actually what I expect every game of his/theirs to be at that level of basketball.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:48 AM, godanesgo99 said:

Some of the people on this board seem like recently dumped boyfriends that cant get over the loss of their hot girlfriends.

Neither won anything here, correct, but both represented the university well, and will continue to do so throughout this season. Beyond that, Cremo is a local kid. 

If you feel burned by them fine. No reason to bitch and complain in this thread. Many of us will continue to root for them both and may want to discuss how they do in their new roles. Get over yourselves. Move on.

David looked pretty good for the most part, but made some bad decisions. Really the same stuff that plagued him here last season. 

Joe seemed comfortable, but it also looked like he was used in the way he stated he didnt want to be used. He pretty much was spotting up on the outside, and if he didn't get the ball he was uninvolved. On a different note, I couldn't stop thinking about Bill Laimbeer with the facemask.

Just to repeat myself. Some people like to follow the local kid and others we rooted for for a few years. If it bothers you so much that people chat about it, just don't read the thread. 

There are a lot of fans that came to the program to follow Joe. Deal with it.

9 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

I watched alot of the game, and Joe was not at the same level as the Michigan players.   Got beat on dribble drives couple times and Jay pulled him.  Had hard time getting open for 3's.  Speed and length of top teams will cut his minutes this season.   Had one good drive but couldn't finish at rim.

Spot on Steve.

After watching some of last night's game, Villanova is nothing compared to last year.  They will be lucky to make it through the first round of the NCAAs.

I caved and did the 7 day free trial of espn+ to watch the UA game.   So I didn't finish the other game. 

Sorry guys.  I was interested on how things played out for the two of them such as playing time at their new level.  Wasn't going to cover every game. In fact I replied about Joe vs Michigan  because someone mentioned his 2 pts and I had seen the game and wanted to explain reasons for his performance.  

I was furious at them for leaving too, why not try to be senior leaders here and help the lead the team to a tourney bid.  Maybe they felt the youth of this years team would prevent them from a legitimate shot at a AE title even if they played at a 1st team AE level themselves.  Plus they have their degrees.  So it is what it is.  We do get alot more playing time for 2 guards that would have sat if they were here (ie. Clark, Healy) to help with the future.