UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Clickclack

Cremo nichols leave...

Cremo is beyond just plain vanilla right now.  I want him to do well...but he just isn't.  If 'Nova wasn't such a hot mess of a team right now, he'd be the 7th or 8th guy...maybe even 9th in the rotation.  

43 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Nova loses to Furman today in OT. They look like they don't belong in the top 25.

OT like the way this thread should be marked 😂

• Haha 1

Not sure Cremo and Nichols knew this would happen, but they face each other Sunday at the championship game of the Advocate Invitational at Disney World as they both won semi-final games today.  Don't  see them on the court at same time too much as their minutes have dwindled.

At Red Robin and this game is on. I guess I'll watch. 

Cremo was briefly d'ed up by Nichols around the 12 min mark of the 1st half. 

45 minutes ago, Eli said:

At Red Robin and this game is on. I guess I'll watch. 

Giants are on in Dublin. Keep me posted on the other games

20 minutes ago, bob87 said:

Giants are on in Dublin. Keep me posted on the other games

I left just before halftime. Nichols is so talented but too bad he had too many issues going on mentally/emotionally to use that talent here. 

4 minutes ago, Eli said:

I left just before halftime. Nichols is so talented but too bad he had too many issues going on mentally/emotionally to use that talent here. 

Ok.

I will check the box score later

At one point David was guarded Joe and David sagged off and let Joe take a three. Joe missed.. Not a ton of times that they are guarding each other, but they have been on the court together more than I thought.

Guarded each other in both the 1st & 2nd halves.  Nice comments by Vitale that they were both exceptional students, roommates and family friends.  Surprised at the amount of playing time each got in the tournament.  Kudos to them, Coach Brown and the quality of play in the America East.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing. Interesting article. While it sucks we lost those 2 stars, I still like the rule as it is written. D1 college athletics are really only about 2 things:

1. Education for the players. It might be athletic education to play at the next level, or it might be traditional education to get a good job after school.

2. Marketing for the university. Exposure increasing the value of a degree along with school spirit for students and alumni.

That's it. The scholarships are business agreements/contracts though, and there needs to be some teeth. The current rules have that. Get a degree at the institution you are at, then transfer without penalty (same as with JUCO). Want to break your scholarship contract without a degree? You are forced to sit a year. Want to play as a walk-on and not accept scholarship money? Then be able to transfer without penalty. You have no contract.

It just makes sense for all involved.