UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

4 hours ago, sarge965 said:

Hopefully there are not any more shockers coming.  I agree with the comparison to Logan.  Remember what happened after he left - we can only hope.

We’ll be dancing and Joe will be back in beautiful Scotia for spring break. Maybe he can use the COA money to go to somewhere nice with his new teammates.

1 hour ago, DanesRGood said:

The quote by Zach Bye is interesting to me and I don't know why. 

One of Cremo's confidants is Zach Bye, like Cremo, a former basketball player at Scotia High School. Bye, who used to be the color commentator on the UAlbany radio broadcasts, is now working at a radio station in Denver.

Thursday, he said he and Cremo have talked about this for several days.

"I have talked to him every day for an hour since we first started talking about it," Bye said. "It's hard to think that Joe could have done much more there. He is doing this with a clear mind."

His confidant haha

Won't say good riddance but we weren't able to accomplish our goals with them so might as well try without em. Oh well. We wouldn't have been the favorites this year with them anyway...

I soured on David as we all know so peace out dude...but Joe? I liked him. Definitely threw his legacy as local hero out the window. 

Let's keep it movin...

Edited by Eli

3 minutes ago, Eli said:

Won't say good riddance but we weren't able to accomplish our goals with them so might as well try without em. Oh well. We wouldn't have been the favorites this year with them anyway...

I soured on David as we all know so peace out dude...but Joe? I liked him. Definitely threw his legacy as local hero out the window. 

Let's keep it movin...

Ehh I dont know if there’s anything much more to say than good riddance. They didn’t want to be here so be gone. 

We’re down our starting bigs.  Our 1st and 2nd big off the bench.  Our starting PG and our starting 2.

All this should help sell tickets.

And yes transfers are a regular thing but I don’t think many schools lose 3 year starters, captains, and top 2 scorers and assist guys.  This is not business as usual.

Edited by McFan

For the record I never said good riddance. Perhaps I don’t get weepy over a kid leaving. Support is for the program and there is absolutely nothing that I can do to change things regarding personnel. So move on. See what a new crop can bring. The measure of success for our program now is not winning seasons, it’s AE crowns and NCAA trips. Does a potential recruit care that Cremo was ROY or 6th man or set some records? Or would they be more impressed if we’d taken a couple of AE titles in that time? No, it’s not dealing with loss. It’s dealing with inevitable change which arrived sooner than we thought it would. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Cremo has likely thinking about this change .. for a bit... comment  he is 21 and can make an educated decision...laughable-youthful comment . In my opinion Joe looking for a trip to NCAA ...Syracuse bound?

I wish Joe the best but it seems (by pure speculation lol) Joe wants a team he can ride into the post season with and UAlbany was looking for Joe to be the leader to take us to the NCAA tournament. 

As we know we never got our leader we were looking for this year. We all had those high local hero expectations sometimes expectations are wrong.

Nothing is wrong with that, I'd rather him be honest with himself and the team if that's the case, who knows. Not everyone wants to or has the skills to be that.

Maybe he knew he was not going to be that clutch guy everyone thought he would be. Maybe being a small fish in a big pond is something he wants to try out his grad yr. A LOT of maybes, we will never know. Only him and CB know.

Onto the purple and gold scrimmage! 

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 3

Memo to Campbell and CB:  500 jump shots, every day, till start of next season.   Also, not that our captains were awe inspiring this season,  but I guess Campbell and Clark are next up unless Fruscio is given the task as a walk-on, non-player, lol.

• Like 1

Think of the possibilities for a new backcourt...the dynamic duo of The Karate Kid and The Bricklayer. 

Ok, that was bad. Sorry boys couldn’t resist. Now that I’m coming to terms with my grief it’s time for humor.

Was just checking out the enemy’s board and they are looking for clarification on the UA situation from Click. On the Hellllooooo thread. Someone there disparaged Joe’s academics, apparently unable to read or research that he was named to the AE all academic team banging out a 3.36 GPA. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BhillGuy said:

If you think its a “bad” decision then you’re misguided. It’s always a favor to withold grad transferring in 2018. Bigger and better. 

We can have an opinion as to what it is...either they will accomplish what they seek or won't. I can't begrudge him for trying something else but Joe in particular come off pretty sketchy in the media comments. He basically gave up on UAlbany and Will Brown and that stinks. 

58 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Memo to Campbell and CB:  500 jump shots, every day, till start of next season.   Also, not that our captains were awe inspiring this season,  but I guess Campbell and Clark are next up unless Fruscio is given the task as a walk-on, non-player, lol.

Truth be told, Campbell is a great off the bench option as a 6th or 7th man...