UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

Some Louisville fans suggesting Cremo is their starting SG for next year if he were to play there.

Obviously it is just several fans, but the common wisdom has always been that the top AE players would only get mop up time in the big conferences. I think 5-10 minutes in the A10 is a comment that was thrown around.

I'll be interested to see how it plays out. Where they land, and how much play they get. I don't think either would leave if they didn't think they would be a major piece wherever they go. You don't transfer from a starring role to sit the bench unless it's for academic reasons.

25 minutes ago, Eli said:

Didn't see this posted anywhere here...although it was a few days ago.

Saw this over the weekend, didn't want to pour any more salt into our collective wounds but yeah...this in essence is why he left. He's going to charter around the country like a boss for a year and live the high life. 

I'm over it and wish him the best...Kill it Joe!

8 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Can't blame him... if he can get significant playing time with one of those big schools, it can make a difference in where he plays professionally.

Better work on his D

Yeah, he was getting gashed in the AE...I'm not sure what the next level down from gashed is but the school he goes to is going to have to hide him like crazy on D. 

• Like 1

I like what "BD" said in the stands to us on Saturday .... at the lacrosse game ... time to let this topic go .... "what has happen will not change" ... "it is up to Will Brown and his staff to find the solution (the recruits) to resolve our problem.... by chance listening to Roger Wyland ... Joe Cremo is now on the show ... Roger is off today

Interesting list. Little in the way of guaranteed NCAA trips from those teams. Decent chance Arizona and Louisville will face sanctions. West Virginia and Ohio State might be the best bets..maybe Creighton too? Wichita State and Texas Tech are losing quite a bit. The rest are likely on the outside looking in..baring an autobid. From a competition/conference standpoint..Cremo probably likes what he sees though.

Edited by Phoenix

29 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I like what "BD" said in the stands to us on Saturday .... at the lacrosse game ... time to let this topic go .... "what has happen will not change" ... "it is up to Will Brown and his staff to find the solution (the recruits) to resolve our problem.... by chance listening to Roger Wyland ... Joe Cremo is now on the show ... Roger is off today

This topic will continue to get bumped until we figure out where they land.

At which point I assume "where are they now?" thread will  be the thread used to talk about what they are doing on the court (or on the bench lol).

On 3/29/2018 at 8:31 PM, Dane96 said:

It was a critical error by Benson, overall, and is one of the reasons I am not sold on him being an administrator.  Marketing guy...yep.  But not sold on the package.

I was with someone this past weekend that told me that Benson in on the chopping block at the end of his contract. This person has been pretty reliable in the past but I'm not convinced in this case.  I thought he had a pretty big win with the stadium donor.  Anyone know what the real story is?  

18 minutes ago, kikuria said:

I was with someone this past weekend that told me that Benson in on the chopping block at the end of his contract. This person has been pretty reliable in the past but I'm not convinced in this case.  I thought he had a pretty big win with the stadium donor.  Anyone know what the real story is?  

What are the terms of his contract? How many years etc? He's done some good things and some really strange things with some of the policy decision, Title IX etc. 

Unless that person was the sxhool President, I’m not buying it.  The President is not letting info like that leak.  

That said, not sure he had done enough to wipe away the title ix issue he inherited but, more importantly, not sure his ticket procedures gave us any leg up on finances.  Arguably, it’s been made worse. 

Jury still out.  

• Like 2