UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

Been watching almost all of Novas games and Joe is having a hard time getting open for shots lately vs Big East talent  as opposed to some of earlier games vs mid-majors.  They don't seem to run plays for him at all to free him up.  If Booth or Paschall gets the ball, Joe will not see it as those guys fire away.

On 1/10/2019 at 6:30 PM, godanesgo99 said:

Almost saying he is afraid to shoot. I never remember him having confidence issues.

True when he was here and was the main option. Probably a little different at Villanova where he's the fourth or fifth scoring option.

The article was a pretty interesting take. It's almost as if he's saying that fans sometimes go overboard about players and want them benched. Must just be the Nova message board because I've never seen that happen here.

• Haha 3

I see how people like to compare how these former Great Danes are doing.  Their coaches, their teams and situations are so different.  Nova is about individuals, their perception of Cremo is likely much different than Florida State players have of Nichols.  Perhaps, Nichols finding his new team sooner may have helped his situation.

While Cremo has provided less punch to Nova lately, Nichols has been  a big help to FSU.  I click on a game recap for them and a few times Nichols name is in the title praising his contribution off the bench.  Other day was 13 pts on 5 of 8.  Will check him today at 2pm vs Duke.

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I see how people like to compare how these former Great Danes are doing.  Their coaches, their teams and situations are so different.  Nova is about individuals, their perception of Cremo is likely much different than Florida State players have of Nichols.  Perhaps, Nichols finding his new team sooner may have helped his situation.

Nova is about individuals? That’s probably the complete opposite of what their team and head coach’s philosophy is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 3:58 PM, godanesgo99 said:

Healy was on the team last season and Rizzuto committed during the season.

Having a lineup that looks like:

• 1. Nichols / Clark
  • 2. Cremo / Healy / Rizzuto
  • 3. Baker / Campbell
  • 4. Lulka / Lauderdale 
  • 5. McKinley / Hank

Would be a crazy lineup, and my top 25 comment was tongue in cheek and more a reference to Buffalo's success this year.  Who knows if that would have happened. There are other pieces we may have never gotten. Who knows if Clark would have come if Baker stayed. There would probably not be a Flory or a Miller or a Brooks. Might not have gotten French or Lauderdale. There is no point in really discussing it, but kind of fun to think about. Baker was a sad story, and McKinley looked like one of the most talented Big's we have had (at least what was seen in the P+G game, warm-ups, and the dunk contest that was on the UA TV show). 

Anyway, just interesting thoughts. 

Baker would have graduated 

8 hours ago, BhillGuy said:

Baker would have graduated 

No. Baker, Cremo and Nichols would all have been in their 4th year of play this year. Baker was a year older but he had previously red shirted.

Granted, if all three had stayed, perhaps Brown wouldn't have recruited a Healey or a Rizzuto, so it's hard to say what the bench would have looked like, but I absolutely believe that Baker would have helped Cremo and Nichols get to the NCAA's.

Edited by Eli

10 minutes ago, Eli said:

No. Baker, Cremo and Nichols would all have been in their 4th year of play this year. Baker was a year older but he had previously red shirted.

Granted, if all three had stayed, perhaps Brown wouldn't have recruited a Healey or a Rizzuto, so it's hard to say what the bench would have looked like, but I absolutely believe that Baker would have helped Cremo and Nichols get to the NCAA's.

Baker was on the 14-15 NCAA tournament team as a freshman. Baker Wheeler never red shirted.

• Like 1

I went to the BC-FSU Game yesterday (one of the like, 600...man they get no one at Conte Forum).  Nichols was being Nichols- no team ball, foul prone....shooting whenever he felt like it.

I often forget that Ahmad Clark is basically a bit more than a rookie.  While he takes some WILD shots at times...I will take him over Nichols any day of the week; He's a great kid...and a team player. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Baker was on the 14-15 NCAA tournament team as a freshman. Baker Wheeler never red shirted.

Baker did redshirt when he transferred and had to sit. But it's true, he never redshirted at UA so would have not been on this team. Still the most talented freshman I ever saw at UA although Healey is giving him a run for his money. 

Edited by Clickclack