UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

There is obviously a lot of what the heck just happened but what does everyone think about Will Brown in terms of all of this? I believe (not fact checked) we have players transfer at a MUCH higher clip then the average program. Normally it's role players but this time it's centerpieces. We can't continue to lose several players a year and that starts with the coach.

We probably will never know, but I am wondering what people think Coach Brown said to Joe and if he tried to dissuade him or not. I've heard coach say time and again he would never stand in the way of a player trying to transfer. But I simply cannot believe this is a good move for Joe and cannot believe that Coach Brown thinks it is a good move. THOUGHTS/OPINIONS??

Well I am in shock guys.  Nichols maybe due to a possible strained relationship with CB.  But Joe?  Can't say we would were a favorite for AE title  next year due to unknown play of new guys and the Aussies , but lead the team and finish  out a great career.   So 4 graduated, 2 left other day, and now these 2.  So when is open try-outs?  Start practicing boys.  We may have a shot. 

• Haha 1

Alright, I'll chime in for real. This stinks, it does. It happens to a lot of programs, Is it good when it's both guys at the same time? Not at all. This is pretty much life as a mid major though. Losing two talented guys, especially when one is home grown hurts...no other way to put it. Obviously would've rather seen both of them win a title at UA, but they have to do what they feel is best for them and I'm happy for them if they get to move up. As far as Albany goes, we've been here before...it'll get figured out and the program will continue on as it has in the past.

• Like 1

Early prediction on the starting five:

PG- Clark / Healy (No idea how this one shakes out...really depends on how much Healy defends)

SG- Campbell / Rizzuto

SF- DeSouza, Lauderdale

PF- Lulka

C- Transfer or Hanks

That said, I would NOT be shocked if we saw another JUCO transfer and Grad Transfer from a bigger school who wants significant time.  To me, significant time exists at Center and  SG.

While upsetting, particularly JOE...we have some seriously highly rated young talent in DeSouza, Healy, Rizzutto and Lulka.  Not saying anyone else is not great...but those guys are potential 4 year cornerstones...much like the Wilson, Iati, Wilson, Lillis group

2 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Well I am in shock guys.  Nichols maybe due to a possible strained relationship with CB.  But Joe?  Can't say we would were a favorite for AE title  next year due to unknown play of new guys and the Aussies , but lead the team and finish  out a great career.   So 4 graduated, 2 left other day, and now these 2.  So when is open try-outs?  Start practicing boys.  We may have a shot. 

Fruscio just moved into a starting role.  

Come on...had to say it...we need some humor.

And, no offense to Fruscio...he's a great kid...and a better teammate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

There is obviously a lot of what the heck just happened but what does everyone think about Will Brown in terms of all of this? I believe (not fact checked) we have players transfer at a MUCH higher clip then the average program. Normally it's role players but this time it's centerpieces. We can't continue to lose several players a year and that starts with the coach.

Untrue...we are on the average.

23 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

13 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Untrue...we are on the average.

Check out Maine. Over the past few years, they lost enough kids to fill the AmEast All first team.

Just now, jimbo said:

Probably yucking it up over on the LCC board.  They might have a chance to beat us next year! 

Haha just popped over there actually to see, not much yet...think most posters have gone into hibernation. Gives them one positive thing to talk about, so I can't even be mad at them.