UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

My take, honestly, is they had three years and couldn’t get it done. Folded like a cheap tent in the AE playoffs. Bye, thanks, good luck and all that. Let’s bring in some new blood and shake this puppy up because the last three years have been disappointing. 

• Like 1

Good riddance? Seems you've already moved on to the next step of dealing with loss... Anger. Acceptance comes soon.

I would like to thank both of them for all they have contributed to the program. From their freshman year... Cremo's ROY/6th man season and although Nichols didn't play, I enjoyed watching him show off the ups in warm ups, to their sophomore and junior years of excellence. They both played hard, competed hard, practiced hard, and represented the program and the school well. I hope they both succeed wherever they go. Nichols to Loyola Chicago and Cremo to Maryland. (random guessing).

Thank you boys. Good luck.

Now on to next season. Time to reload, not rebuild.

1 hour ago, Dane06grad said:

A lot of people on this board were pretty happy we were able to pick up Ale Foster because of the grad transfer rule. Some were even saying Brown should even go out and get one or two more. Unfortunately this is the other side of that rule. People came in and poached our program.

Do not think the two things are equal. Grad transfers coming out of majors are usually NOT impact players @ that level. And if they are, they simply go to another major. I think Foster started  only one game in three years before UA and his #s & minutes were less than small. So when as you say the other side of the rule happens, the majors take impact players from non-majors, so they can provide some depth or ride the bench? Not at all an equal exchange. For majors just swapping someone they do not want for someone they may or may not want. The mid/low majors lose someone they usually WANT or at the minimum very happy to have, for again some they might want. I am probably NOT saying this right; but it seems to me @ some level the grad transfer rule like everything else ncaa helps the rich at the expense of the poor.

• Like 1

The quote by Zach Bye is interesting to me and I don't know why. 

One of Cremo's confidants is Zach Bye, like Cremo, a former basketball player at Scotia High School. Bye, who used to be the color commentator on the UAlbany radio broadcasts, is now working at a radio station in Denver.

Thursday, he said he and Cremo have talked about this for several days.

"I have talked to him every day for an hour since we first started talking about it," Bye said. "It's hard to think that Joe could have done much more there. He is doing this with a clear mind."

No offense to Zach Bye, but I think Joe's head is in a cloud and is definitely NOT clear. IMHO Joe is getting a lot of bad advise from someone/somewhere.

I simply do not see any upside for Joe to transfer out. Be a STAR @ UA for his senior year, LEAD HIS TEAM to the ncaa, sign a nice contract in Sweden, meet a nice Swedish girl, settle down, play euro-ball for as long as he wants OR transfer to Power 5, ride the bench, probably get a free ride to the ncaa by his teammates rather than being a major force getting the team there; OK Sweden and rest still in play?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dslyank said:

No offense to Zach Bye, but I think Joe's head is in a cloud and is definitely NOT clear. IMHO Joe is getting a lot of bad advise from someone/somewhere.

I simply do not see any upside for Joe to transfer out. Be a STAR @ UA for his senior year, LEAD HIS TEAM to the ncaa, sign a nice contract in Sweden, meet a nice Swedish girl, settle down, play euro-ball for as long as he wants OR transfer to Power 5, ride the bench, probably get a free ride to the ncaa by his teammates rather than being a major force getting the team there; OK Sweden and rest still in play?

Suero was given bad advice thinking he would be amazing at a higher level. Seems Joe may be in the same boat. He has a tough time playing defense in the AE...how will he bode in a higher conference with better offensive players?

Its not like Maryland went to the tourney this year either...(example of place he may go)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

Suero was given bad advice thinking he would be amazing at a higher level. Seems Joe may be in the same boat. He has a tough time playing defense in the AE...how will he bode in a higher conference with better offensive players?

Its not like Maryland went to the tourney this year either...(example of place he may go)

Agreed - Joe was clearly half a step too slow on many defensive occasions this year. 

It’s all good. Brown was too loyal when he should have shook things up either after the UNH or Binghamton loss this season.

Makes sense now that Clark stayed as I thought he would be for sure gone. He’s only a junior and those DMV guards always have some sort of swagger. He won’t have to worry about getting yanked making a mistake next season. 

26 minutes ago, S-money said:

Agreed - Joe was clearly half a step too slow on many defensive occasions this year. 

In Joe’s three years here he put up huge numbers no doubt, but ZERO clutch shots or free throws down the stretch late in games. 

I wish him well. He’ll be long gone and the UA program will continue for years. 

This season confirms what everyone on the board thought. A giant dumpster fire. 

• Confused 1