UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

Still very sad to see them both go. It saddens me to see the anger and insults thrown in this thread. One or both of them could come back still, and I would welcome them with open arms (didn't Lyles get a release last year then change his mind and came back?). If I were them reading this board, I would want to get out as soon as possible. UMBC fans begged him to stay and didn't say "Good Riddance"

1. Shock/Denial - Was this an April Fools Joke?

2. Pain and Guilt - Was it our fault as fans for being so critical that we drove them away?

3. Anger and Bargaining - GOOD RIDDANCE

4. Depression - Well this sucks. Ticket sales will go down. UVM fans will have more ammo against the program in the outbound transfer thread on the AE board. We will go from a potential favorite to competing with Maine/Bing/UML for the team that doesn't have to suffer through a playoff game.

5. The Upward Turn - We will be ok without them. I hate that they are gone, but oh well.

6. Reconstruction and Working Through - OK, we never won anything with them here and there always seemed to be tension. We have 5 talented freshman coming in, a new JUCO big, and 5 more scholarships to give. We will be ok. We may not win it all next year, but the team could be exciting to watch.

7. Acceptance and Hope - I think this is where I am now. I hope they find what they are looking for, and succeed. They did a lot for the program, and they deserve happiness. My biggest hope is that they both make it to the tournament, and UA beats David in the round of 64 and beats Joe in the round of 32 en route to the UA's first Sweet 16 game!

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Still very sad to see them both go. It saddens me to see the anger and insults thrown in this thread. One or both of them could come back still, and I would welcome them with open arms (didn't Lyles get a release last year then change his mind and came back?). If I were them reading this board, I would want to get out as soon as possible. UMBC fans begged him to stay and didn't say "Good Riddance"

1. Shock/Denial - Was this an April Fools Joke?

2. Pain and Guilt - Was it our fault as fans for being so critical that we drove them away?

3. Anger and Bargaining - GOOD RIDDANCE

4. Depression - Well this sucks. Ticket sales will go down. UVM fans will have more ammo against the program in the outbound transfer thread on the AE board. We will go from a potential favorite to competing with Maine/Bing/UML for the team that doesn't have to suffer through a playoff game.

5. The Upward Turn - We will be ok without them. I hate that they are gone, but oh well.

6. Reconstruction and Working Through - OK, we never won anything with them here and there always seemed to be tension. We have 5 talented freshman coming in, a new JUCO big, and 5 more scholarships to give. We will be ok. We may not win it all next year, but the team could be exciting to watch.

7. Acceptance and Hope - I think this is where I am now. I hope they find what they are looking for, and succeed. They did a lot for the program, and they deserve happiness. My biggest hope is that they both make it to the tournament, and UA beats David in the round of 64 and beats Joe in the round of 32 en route to the UA's first Sweet 16 game!

Program will continue to move on and he will be forgotten about. 

https://twitter.com/JCremo24/status/979754822537801729

DZjJyrBVQAAuU_T.jpg

That's not how this works Joe. That's not how any of this works. The community invested a lot in supporting you. The school invested a lot in giving you a 4 year education without you giving 4 years of basketball to them to help the program in return (per your agreement).

I realize this could be me being bitter...but unless you graduate (edit: AND give 4 years of basketball back to the university), you're as much of the "Purple Fam" as Jeremy McKay is. Or Tre Green.

At least Joe was man enough to post some public thoughts. David isn't even man enough to say anything or thank the community for trying to cheer him on through all of his...ugh...moments. He simply retweeted Joe's words. lol.

#purplefam? Nah, fam. #weaksaucefam

Edited by Eli

12 minutes ago, Eli said:

https://twitter.com/JCremo24/status/979754822537801729

DZjJyrBVQAAuU_T.jpg

That's not how this works Joe. That's not how any of this works. The community invested a lot in supporting you. The school invested a lot in giving you a 4 year education without you giving 4 years of basketball to them to help the program in return (per your agreement).

I realize this could be me being bitter...but unless you graduate, you're as much of the "Purple Fam" as Jeremy McKay is. Or Tre Green.

At least Joe was man enough to post some public thoughts. David isn't even man enough to say anything or thank the community for trying to cheer him on through all of his...ugh...moments. He simply retweeted Joe's words. lol.

#purplefam? Nah, fam. #weaksaucefam

Geremy*

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dane85 said:

But Joe is graduating with a degree from UAlbany.....so that makes him part of the Purple Fam, no?

But he didn't fulfill his requirement of returning 4 years of basketball in exchange for a free education that many of us payed thousands upon thousands for. I guess I should have made more sense lol. I've edited my post...

That's just my opinion on what it means to be #PurpleFam. All are welcome to disagree :).

Edited by Eli

8 minutes ago, Eli said:

But he didn't fulfill his requirement of returning 4 years of basketball in exchange for a free education that many of us payed thousands upon thousands for. I guess I should have made more sense lol. I've edited my post...

That's just my opinion on what it means to be #PurpleFam. All are welcome to disagree :).

To be fair, scholarships are renewed year to year. If a school wanted to pull a scholarship when they want. A la Carl Ross.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see what happens. For someone who has yet to leave the capital region his whole life, will he be able to adjust without his support system? There's no running back to Scotia from Empire Commons for the night because you had a bad game and want to go see your family. 

Look, we're all bitter about this but....the kid played his heart out while he was here, represented the school well on and off the court, did well academically and graduated early....so while we may not be happy about it, let's wish the kid well and move on.

and Nichols did pretty much did the same.....

Believe me, I think this sucks and puts us in a hole but remember that these are kids and perhaps we don't agree with the decision nor do we love the timing or the way this went down, but let's not hate on these kids for making a decision that they believe is in their best interests. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McFan said:

It didn’t die but it’s pretty sick.

WB is recruiting hard I’m sure but his 2 best recruits in the last 3 years just walked away.  We have no seniors, juniors, or sophomores that are even serviceable starters at this level, maybe even legit minute eaters.  Recent recruits haven’t panned out.  

We can spin it.  Positive attitude is great, but this is ugly.

I don't list david as best recruits in the last three years.  He wasn't highly sought..and that's not a knock at all. We do well developing David type players. He was very , very talented.  This year, he lost something.  Part of me thinks the wrist injury was worse than thought...he probably should have sat some.   

Joe, definitely.  However, Healy- highly rated; Lulka- highly rated and was going to be a four year starter prior to the surgery.  He would have been without the departures.  DeSouza...on paper one of the best recruits we've had.  Rizzuto...legit A-Ten offers.

So, does this hurt...yes.  It is a sign of a team that didn't gel yes.  Is it a sign of maybe not utilizing the bench this year by the coaching staff, particularly Foster.  Yep.

Is the program sick...way too far.  Remember...this team was a a bucket from beating Louisville...close to Memphis...and a mere minute from dancing two years ago. 

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

OK I will ask this again. Which program are you more excited about this coming year, football or basketball?

Definitely basketball lol. 1000%.

Also, can we stop calling these guys kids? They are freakin 21 years old. Grown ass men. These are not 18 year old freshmen who decided living away from home is tough. They've been here for years.

When I was 21...*rolls eyes*

9 minutes ago, Eli said:

Definitely basketball lol. 1000%.

Also, can we stop calling these guys kids? They are freakin 21 years old. Grown ass men. These are not 18 year old freshmen who decided living away from home is tough. They've been here for years.

When I was 21...*rolls eyes*

Haha I use to think that years ago, but at 21 you’re still a kid. So much to learn