UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018-19

The event was okay. Was hoping for a bit more considering they basically took all their ideas from the NBA all-star game Saturday night. A dribbling competition or course, girls vs guys (all star style, little to no defense), etc. 

The coaches (Brown vs Mullen) free throw competition was great though. 

I took some videos and photos but don't know how much work I want to put into getting them properly uploaded ?. 

A few seasons ago they did a dunk contest late in the year. I don't think the public was there but they showed highlights on Nichols and Kyle McKinley on the TV show. I was kind of hoping for that today...

I enjoyed it. Surprised more students didn't show, but who knows how well it was publicized on campus.

8 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

A few seasons ago they did a dunk contest late in the year. I don't think the public was there but they showed highlights on Nichols and Kyle McKinley on the TV show. I was kind of hoping for that today...

I enjoyed it. Surprised more students didn't show, but who knows how well it was publicized on campus.

Considering we only found out about it a couple days ago...some later...I doubt at all lol. 

12 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

The way I read it, season ticket distribution required registration (why?) and starts at 3:00, the meet & greet is open to all and starts at 3:30

Not sure why. I never saw the email you guys were talking about so obviously did not register

No problem getting my tickets 

An email to season ticket holders was sent by Nate Mason as early as Oct 4. The event was also mentioned in the new basketball October news letter. A number of post as the event changed and evolved were made on UAlbanySports.com. I am not sure why/how so many seem to miss or not receive these notifications. The student prizes were enticing: $5000 for a half court shot; $500 book allowance (put-up by Coach Brown); and two 40in. tvs. and plenty of pizza. Neither money prize was won, but both tvs were awarded. In spite of the prizes student attendance was terrible (poorly advertised or usual student apathy, I do not know??). But I thought the event was FUN except the running of the spot light during intro's, which was even worse than usual.

I'll be quite happy with a 15 win .500 season. I'm going into the season expecting a LOT of ups and downs due to how new this team is AND how young it is.

I'd say that...

Less than 10 wins = bad year
10-14 = not that surprising and could have been worse
14-17 = good year
18-20 = ahead of schedule
21+ = WOW @#$*@*#$@*$@#*$@*(@#$(@!

• Thanks 1

I believe the ticket office continues to have problems emailing to Roadrunner accounts. We did not receive the Oct 4 email, but contacted Nate when we saw a posting here that some of you received it. We never got the Saturday night email either. Seems like we have to be vigilant checking Big Purple Fan, Twitter, and Facebook posts, though we missed the one about the women’s open practice last Sat.

4 hours ago, tnehurley said:

I believe the ticket office continues to have problems emailing to Roadrunner accounts. We did not receive the Oct 4 email, but contacted Nate when we saw a posting here that some of you received it. We never got the Saturday night email either. Seems like we have to be vigilant checking Big Purple Fan, Twitter, and Facebook posts, though we missed the one about the women’s open practice last Sat.

They should contact Spectrum and make sure they are signed up for the feedback loop program. I used to work for TWC years ago, and if an e-mail domain gets accused of SPAM or becomes a high volume sender the security on road runners network will block all mail from that domain. It is a relatively easy fix, but it requires someone from the originating mail sender to work with spectrum to get it fixed. 

3 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

They should contact Spectrum and make sure they are signed up for the feedback loop program. I used to work for TWC years ago, and if an e-mail domain gets accused of SPAM or becomes a high volume sender the security on road runners network will block all mail from that domain. It is a relatively easy fix, but it requires someone from the originating mail sender to work with spectrum to get it fixed. 

It's commonly referred to as blacklisting....UAlbany IT would be responsible if that were the case. 

13 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

It's commonly referred to as blacklisting....UAlbany IT would be responsible if that were the case. 

Spectrum has to enter them into their system. UAlbany IT can't control what spectrum accepts - although UA-IT should be the ones to raise the issue with Spectrum. They have a program called their feedback loop (at least they did under TWC) where they mark a senders domain as safe, but will also collect spam reports more vigilantly from the sender. I had to help several area hospitals get added to the program so their e-mails could get to their nycap.rr.com customers. 

Edited by godanesgo99