UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018-19

Actually, it looks like this has changed and the feedback loop program has been discontinued? I have been out of that industry since 2016, so who knows how they do it today...

http://www.gettingemaildelivered.com/changes-to-road-runner-feedback-loop-program-announced

https://messagegears.com/blog/time-warner-discontinues-feedback-loop/ 

No idea how to fix it today. That would be up to someone at UA to work with Spectrum about. 

Right...whether you call it feedback loop program or 'you send too much email program'...the basic principle behind it is still whitelist vs blacklist. Right now Spectrum probably has UA's SMTP server in their blacklist because it reached a threshold somewhere and sent too many emails. Spectrum IT needs to whitelist UA's SMTP server but UA IT needs to reach out to Spectrum to do that (that is to say that a Spectrum customer who happens to be a UA fan can not make this request). I deal with whitelisting clients to my companies OnDemand servers on the daily. This is standard practice today in IT to limit attacks, etc. Not surprised its happened to be honest...lol.

Edited by Eli

48 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Spectrum has to enter them into their system. UAlbany IT can't control what spectrum accepts - although UA-IT should be the ones to raise the issue with Spectrum. They have a program called their feedback loop (at least they did under TWC) where they mark a senders domain as safe, but will also collect spam reports more vigilantly from the sender. I had to help several area hospitals get added to the program so their e-mails could get to their nycap.rr.com customers. 

That's what I meant by responsible... Ua IT needs to raise or at least check if they are blacklisted. 

45 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Actually, it looks like this has changed and the feedback loop program has been discontinued? I have been out of that industry since 2016, so who knows how they do it today...

http://www.gettingemaildelivered.com/changes-to-road-runner-feedback-loop-program-announced

https://messagegears.com/blog/time-warner-discontinues-feedback-loop/ 

No idea how to fix it today. That would be up to someone at UA to work with Spectrum about. 

As Eli said... Same concept you're correct. 

7 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Pomeroy has released his '19 outlook. Here is how AE and UA look. 

s4hovxQ.png

5QyGYhV.png

Can anyone see what players they used for their analysis? The Bart Torvic site uses several players not on the team including Fromm and Starks that won't play, and do not project anything from Lulka or Hank.

Saw this tweet today :

First game is still a bit away here for UAlbany, but Will Brown said he'd start these 4 guys if season started today: Clark, Campbell, Lulka, Hank

Did not think Hank would play a ton this year but it's good to see he is playing well . Also if it were me I would start a 3rd freshman.  Go really young.  Get experience and be great in a couple of years.  

Edited by UA1882

TU story on Nikola Jerotic
At one point Brown stopped practice to tell Jerotic that he may be the only player in America who doesn't want to shoot.

Rizzuto out for a week, bruised collarbone. Healy not 100% but back at practice after shoulder injury vs Buffalo

On 10/25/2018 at 6:58 PM, UA1882 said:

Saw this tweet today :

First game is still a bit away here for UAlbany, but Will Brown said he'd start these 4 guys if season started today: Clark, Campbell, Lulka, Hank

Did not think Hank would play a ton this year but it's good to see he is playing well . Also if it were me I would start a 3rd freshman.  Go really young.  Get experience and be great in a couple of years.  

The thing I'll be curious to see is if Clark is the point guard or plays off the ball. I thought Brooks did a nice job running the offense in the scrimmage a few weeks ago and wouldn't mind a Brooks - Clark backcourt with Healy coming off the bench as a "sixth starter."

Crickets? Someone mentioned the team did well on the AE board, but I haven't seen anything on twitter. 

Hopefully it's because they dominated and don't want any scouting info to get to Iona lol.

12 days till opening tip! Too bad we start later than most other teams. It's going to be a hard opening week.

If UA didn't do a piss poor job of organizing the scrimmage, more people would have seen the team and more people would be discussing.

The P&G game has been right after a FB game for a few years if I recall and it was working out perfectly. No idea why they decided to change that. Watch some FB and then walk over to SEFCU. Doesn't get easier to plan a day. 

• Like 1