UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018-19

While Brown previously named senior Devonte Campbell, junior Ahmad Clark, and redshirt freshmen Brent Hank and Adam Lulka as likely starters for Nov. 9 at Iona, the availability of both Hank and Lulka is now uncertain for the Great Danes. Hank crashed to the floor — hard — during Friday’s practice, and left the workout midway through to get an X-ray on his hip. Meanwhile, Lulka has been sick for the past week, and missed several practices.

Making things worse, though, for the Great Danes is that the latest injury to freshman Antonio Rizzuto — who returned from a knee surgery earlier this year — was worse than expected. Rizzuto was originally supposed to miss a week with a bruised collarbone, but further tests in the past week showed Rizzuto actually cracked his sternum. He is likely out until late November.

https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/11/02/health-woes-continue-to-mount-for-ualbany-men-s-basketball

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Eli said:

Gonna be a rough start...then you have to incorporate all of these guys in December or later...

The goal is to get healthy by January.  As we know, an impressive non-conference season will not help if do not win in January, February and March.

• Like 1

I think the important part of all of this is that Hanks is a projected starter. By all accounts, he’s been a consistent player in practice.  Now, let’s see what happens when the games start.   That’s a big deal in my book.  Not many frosh or redshirt frosh have ever started at center for us (and I’m not counting the First two d-1years with guys like vukovic).  This is a good sign, and bodes well for when he “figures it out”.  Takes bigs a couple of years but this excites me with the paper depth of Lulka, Hanks, French, Lauderdale, and eventually Doherty.  

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 2

Haven't heard much about De Sousa in the preseason. Kent is not far from me and I know a few people who follow the program there and said he would be really good for us.  Anyone hear anything about him lately? Does he maybe need more time to develop or will he be part of the rotation?

On 11/1/2018 at 5:31 PM, Eli said:

Baker is probably the only one (outside of Cremo and Nichols). That Aussie kid with the stash was a bench warmer at best. Same for Tre Green or whatever his name was. Yeah, most of the kids leave never did anything for us and don't do anything for anyone else.

Baker could have but he just had some personal issues it sounds like to work over. Kid would have been all-AE otherwise. If we had him + Cremo and Nichols we definitely would won an AE title. IMO.

I agree 100% here. He was the missing piece with those guys. Super talented and athletic. Not sure how he played at his next school, but I was expecting him to have a great career at Albany

10 minutes ago, Dane06grad said:

I agree 100% here. He was the missing piece with those guys. Super talented and athletic. Not sure how he played at his next school, but I was expecting him to have a great career at Albany

He never saw the court anywhere else. Transferred to North Dakota to be closer to home, supposedly, then got caught up in personal issues and left the team. Such a wasted talent. Hope he is doing well wherever he is.

To borrow a term from the NBA, that would have been an epic 'Big 3' and I think even with David's "I do whatever I want" attitude, we would have won an AE title or two. Add in Mike Rowley at the end of his career and other guys like Campbell as role players...man, that team would have been good.

But anyway, NONE of those guys are here so enough going down memory lane lol.