UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018-19

• 3 weeks later...

Both are a mystery. Healy because if that good, why did he redshirt? Clark shooting seemed inconsistent to me; but when I went back and checked the #s he did shoot 41.8% from 3 {but really only 18 mades for the season.} Hopefully 99 is RIGHT, with real playing time both will really step up. Really the whole team is a mystery--should be interesting season??

43 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Both are a mystery. Healy because if that good, why did he redshirt? Clark shooting seemed inconsistent to me; but when I went back and checked the #s he did shoot 41.8% from 3 {but really only 18 mades for the season.} Hopefully 99 is RIGHT, with real playing time both will really step up. Really the whole team is a mystery--should be interesting season??

I think the redshirt made sense heading into the season with how the roster was constructed last year. May have helped having him available as the season went on, but I'm not sure it would have been enough to make it worth it for him to use a year of eligibility with such limited playing time available (maybe 10 minutes a game max?). If you were going to use him as your off the bench deep threat on paper you already had two guys ahead of him for that coming off of the bench.

• Like 1

The Healey move was to preserve him for 3 years after Nichols and Cremo. Remember, there was no indication they would both leave and as a result they didn't want to burn TWO years of him being a player off the bench. The plan was to play him this year and then have him lead the team for 3 years. Obviously their departure makes the adjustment now that much more difficult but he's been in the program for a year so he knows what Brown want's etc. 

• Like 3

I don't think any of us know.

Brooks, Starks, and Flory have all shown that they can shoot. Rizzuto is supposedly a marksmen as well. None of us will know anything until probably January with the entire team basically being new. I guessed those two (Clark and Healy) because they are both returning, know the system, and both appear to be front-runners for playing time. 

• Like 3