UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018-19

On 9/25/2018 at 3:50 PM, UAFAN said:

Michael Kelly @ByMichaelKelly 28m28 minutes ago

Jeremiah Starks will miss the season for @UAlbanyMBB with a knee injury. Labeled "career-ending," so Danes gain a scholarship. #AEHoops

Knee injury likely ends Starks' UAlbany basketball career

that sucks for this young man

Was talking to a friend of mind at work (Siena Alumni) who told me that Siena is a .500 team over the last 25 years. If that's true that atrocious, and makes their fanbase even more delusional than I ever imagined ( I did not think that was even possible). 

I looked at our stats and what really jumped out at me was the fact that we are 134-67 over the last 6 years. That's outstanding. 

I know I do not give Coach Brown enough credit but the above record is very good. I really do believe that we are on the upward trajectory.  

Now to do believe that we need to have a more challenging non conference schedule and I hope we do over time. Bottom line is that i hope we continue to build a more and more successful program. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Was talking to a friend of mind at work (Siena Alumni) who told me that Siena is a .500 team over the last 25 years. If that's true that atrocious, and makes their fanbase even more delusional than I ever imagined ( I did not think that was even possible). 

I looked at our stats and what really jumped out at me was the fact that we are 134-67 over the last 6 years. That's outstanding. 

I know I do not give Coach Brown enough credit but the above record is very good. I really do believe that we are on the upward trajectory.  

Now to do believe that we need to have a more challenging non conference schedule and I hope we do over time. Bottom line is that i hope we continue to build a more and more successful program. 

Since going D1 in 1999-2000, we are 300-293 (50.6%). Since 1999-2000, they are 326-292 (52.75%).

If we start counting from when UA officially 'arrived' (when we won our first championship - which for them is all of the Fran years to present), it's as follows: UA 250-175 (58.8%), LCC 224-202 (52.6%).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

To me, it's a sign of a good program when you put together years of winning with different players. It's a terrific accomplishment. If you look at Vermont, and Iona, that's what they do year in and year out with different guys.

Siena has had some "high water" mark years built around a great player (Edwin Ubilies or Bennerman) but haven't sustained it so far.

I'm looking forward to watching us this year but I'm prepared to be patient. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 11:18 AM, Dane Pound said:

To me, it's a sign of a good program when you put together years of winning with different players. It's a terrific accomplishment. If you look at Vermont, and Iona, that's what they do year in and year out with different guys.

Siena has had some "high water" mark years built around a great player (Edwin Ubilies or Bennerman) but haven't sustained it so far.

I'm looking forward to watching us this year but I'm prepared to be patient. 

Like you, I'm prepared to be patient this year. So many new and young pieces. I think we are set up really well for next 3 or 4 years but these kids will need some time to mature, get stronger, get experience. 

I think a winning season or even if .500 would bode really well going forward. 

• Like 1

After last year's preseason expectations vs results, I too am prepared to be patient, but honestly, I probably won't be. UA and Will Brown are now past the beginnings of the program. I expect a reload every year, and not a rebuild.

Edited by godanesgo99

13 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

After last year's preseason expectations vs results, I too am prepared to be patient, but honestly, I probably won't be. UA and Will Brown are now past the beginnings of the program. I expect a reload every year, and not a rebuild.

I think that was the plan before they lost Nichols and Cremo unexpectedly...

Saw this on the AE board and thought I'd post it here. A preview on the conference - https://cbbcentral.com/2018/10/01/32x32-2018-19-america-east-preview/

The thing that amused me was last year we had three seniors, and a backcourt that was recruited by power conferences (Nichols + Cremo) and we finished fourth. This year, after losing everything but the mascot, they pick us fourth again.

15 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Saw this on the AE board and thought I'd post it here. A preview on the conference - https://cbbcentral.com/2018/10/01/32x32-2018-19-america-east-preview/

The thing that amused me was last year we had three seniors, and a backcourt that was recruited by power conferences (Nichols + Cremo) and we finished fourth. This year, after losing everything but the mascot, they pick us fourth again.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t we usually get picked to finish fourth?