UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

4 hours ago, Eli said:

Two big CB's...that'll help.

And Ayers is a 6' 3" DB runs under a 4.5 40 

And Fields is another 6' 3" DB can't find 40 time though

Gamble is another small guy WR and DB runs under 4.5 40  Very quick but small like Dev Holmes.

Irizarri is  top 25 recruit but I can not find his 40 times.  Very quick though WR and DB

19 hours ago, jimbo said:

We have a tall DB in Joe Casale, but they apparently want him to be a LB??

True he is tall.  He has put on weight and is a baller.  Talking about LB, likely outside if that happens but I would think it is too early to make that decision.  No?

5 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

True he is tall.  He has put on weight and is a baller.  Talking about LB, likely outside if that happens but I would think it is too early to make that decision.  No?

Since he’s #2 on the two deep behind Mencer for the Maine game, I think that horse has already left the barn. 

36 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Since he’s #2 on the two deep behind Mencer for the Maine game, I think that horse has already left the barn. 

Didn't look at depth chart.

I see Tyler Oedekoven is listed behind Reeves at WR.  Had a GREAT HS career runs a 4.5 

Still got VT at QB.  I guess they are gonna play it out>>>>>>>>>>>>  That pisses me off.  He is playing scared!

Still got VT at QB.Tyler Oedekoven

Edited by HOF2013

6 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Didn't look at depth chart.

I see Tyler Oedekoven is listed behind Reeves at WR.  Had a GREAT HS career runs a 4.5 

Still got VT at QB.  I guess they are gonna play it out>>>>>>>>>>>>  That pisses me off.  He is playing scared!

Still got VT at QB.Tyler Oedekoven

It’s funny, but I had that same exact thought when I watched VT get flushed from the pocket. He looked like he was running for the sideline instead of trying to turn it up to gain yardage. Tyler has been on the depth chart before but no impact as of yet. 

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

It’s funny, but I had that same exact thought when I watched VT get flushed from the pocket. He looked like he was running for the sideline instead of trying to turn it up to gain yardage. Tyler has been on the depth chart before but no impact as of yet. 

My brother was at the game with us last week. First this year and he said that several times.  No need to throw the ball into the ground or over-throw.  Just pulled the string because he looked scared.  

Jalahn Dabney, QB OLB, Somerville, NJ, 6' 0", 205, https://twitter.com/jalahndabney, https://www.hudl.com/profile/9484414/Jalahn-Dabney

Offer  Oct 31, 2018

Signed with U Albany

Edited by HOF2013

35 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Jalahn Dabney, QB OLB, Somerville, NJ, 6' 0", 205, https://twitter.com/jalahndabney, https://www.hudl.com/profile/9484414/Jalahn-Dabney

Offer  Oct 31, 2018

Do you think this is an indictment of what they feel they have on the roster in terms of QB's?

- Brunson is a red shirted junior

- Burns is a red shirted sophomore

- Chesire is listed as a freshman

- Undercuffler is listed as a freshman

So 4 QB's still have eligibility with 3 of them underclassman and Gattuso is turning over every rock to bring in another QB? There must be very little faith in what they have. 

I’d wait to see where they practice and where their skills translate at the college level. Lots of these players might simply be the best athlete on their teams and so they get to be QB because it puts the ball in their hands every play. So he might be a good HS QB, but a great D1 safety , for example. On the other hand, I would love to see us have a legit running threat at QB. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I’d wait to see where they practice and where their skills translate at the college level. Lots of these players might simply be the best athlete on their teams and so they get to be QB because it puts the ball in their hands every play. So he might be a good HS QB, but a great D1 safety , for example. On the other hand, I would love to see us have a legit running threat at QB. 

This is a very valid point.

5 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Do you think this is an indictment of what they feel they have on the roster in terms of QB's?

- Brunson is a red shirted junior

- Burns is a red shirted sophomore

- Chesire is listed as a freshman

- Undercuffler is listed as a freshman

So 4 QB's still have eligibility with 3 of them underclassman and Gattuso is turning over every rock to bring in another QB? There must be very little faith in what they have. 

Actually they also have Braeden Zenelovic who is out injured for the year and not on the roster.  At every game on the sideline.

3 hours ago, Eli said:

This is a very valid point.

5 hours ago, jimbo said:

They really have no idea if Burns of Undercuffler are any good or not. [See Davis' statement about QB's]. They have never played any significant time here. A good QB changes the entire season this year, I think we agree. Less Def time on the field, offense that is scoring more.  Let's see how they do this week and moving forward.  I think Burns already had a Red Shirt year. UnderCuffler hasn't so it could work out well if they both play well and Undercuffler ends up RedShirted.  He should be anyway.  But if they bring in another Soph or Jr  JUCO guy for next year that may be too many chiefs in the kitchen.  VT should not play again, period!

Brunson may be a Jr BUT he has played and is not good  - too many interceptions, doesn't do a good job running the Offense!

9 hours ago, jimbo said:

I'd also like to have a legit running threat at QB. The RPO is a major part of college football these days and it adds a lot to the offense.