UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

4 of 8 means that the season could easily have been 7 and 4

I don't buy that. The previous year the team had a lot of close losses and two went to OT. We were all thinking that UA was THIS CLOSE to being good. Then they lay an egg in 2018. Good teams find ways to win close games, bad teams find ways to lose close games. When they start awarding style points for close, but no cigar games, I'll take notice. Otherwise, the record is what the record says. Whether it's players, coaching, schemes, luck, or something else or some combination it doesn't matter. That may seem harsh, but wins sell tickets, draw fans and attract recruits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I don't buy that. The previous year the team had a lot of close losses and two went to OT. We were all thinking that UA was THIS CLOSE to being good. Then they lay an egg in 2018. Good teams find ways to win close games, bad teams find ways to lose close games. When they start awarding style points for close, but no cigar games, I'll take notice. Otherwise, the record is what the record says. Whether it's players, coaching, schemes, luck, or something else or some combination it doesn't matter. That may seem harsh, but wins sell tickets, draw fans and attract recruits. 

I do agree but am fed up with the constant negativity. I don't think they are 'awarding style points' but I prefer looking at the glass half full.  Looks to me like the coaching staff has actually looked at what needs to be changed, done some soul searching, to correct things and the recruiting shows that. Some kids on the team may get pissed and leave but that opens up slots to bring in more kids in line with the 'soul searching' they have done.  The QB thing is obvious and we have all been talking about that - they have seen the same thing, that plus the need for bigger taller D Backs.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I do agree but am fed up with the constant negativity. I don't think they are 'awarding style points' but I prefer looking at the glass half full.  Looks to me like the coaching staff has actually looked at what needs to be changed, done some soul searching, to correct things and the recruiting shows that. Some kids on the team may get pissed and leave but that opens up slots to bring in more kids in line with the 'soul searching' they have done.  The QB thing is obvious and we have all been talking about that - they have seen the same thing, that plus the need for bigger taller D Backs.

What you fail to note is we had this exact conversation last 3 off seasons. Gattuso comes out with his tail between his legs that he's learned from his mistakes, then he and you pimp recruits like THIS HERE, THIS IS FINALLY THE CLASS... we've learned our lesson and went after caa kids. Then spring comes and Gattuso gushes about the talent level being caa, best depth ever... Then the season starts. *drop curtain*... Qb position is manned by d3 kids... Offensive line for is complete trash for a few years now. Defense which was good 2 years ago is now an abomination? What has this loser been doing? Did he not know that roster would turn over. I'm sick and tired of the excuse making and you carrying his water for him. It's past the time for Gattuso to stop making excuses... Enough already! 

You may be OK with them lying to you every year... Doesn't mean the rest of us are. 

Gattuso is a loser until proven otherwise... He is! You can bristle all you want at the negativity but in reality all you're doing is sticking your head in the sand. Good luck with that. 

I will say it again... If Gattuso doesn't want the moniker of being a loser, he needs to win. God help you and us all if this time next season we are having the same conversation... WHEN WILL ENOUGH BE ENOUGH? WHEN??? 

. 500 next year in the caa or fire him and Benson... 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what happens to kids who have offers but never sign with anybody?  There are several kids that U A AND other schools made offers to who have not committed anywhere; the offer is ALWAYS contingent on there being a scholarship available at their position.  They must have parents or others telling them something better will come along. Nothing does and then there is no scholarship left for their position when they decide to commit!!!  Or maybe they can't get into the school!!  Thoughts!!

Edited by HOF2013

11 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I wonder what happens to kids who have offers but never sign with anybody?  There are several kids that U A AND other schools made offers to who have not committed anywhere; the offer is ALWAYS contingent on there being a scholarship available at their position.  They must have parents or others telling them something better will come along. Nothing does and then there is no scholarship left for their position when they decide to commit!!!  Or maybe they can't get into the school!!  Thoughts!!

That's how we got Maloney. UConn wanted him to go to prep school, so he decommitted and went to Schenectady CC last fall, enrolls at Albany next month.

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

I don’t k ow if it’s negativity with me so much as expectations not met and winning traditions not sustained.  GG has not yet shown that he can staff, recruit and coach in such a way as to be consistently competitive in the CAA. WB has a rough year going in MBB, but he has a track record of success at his level and getting back on track when the wheels look about to come off. The whole handcuffing contract extension is probably a major sticking point for many of us.  

18 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I don’t k ow if it’s negativity with me so much as expectations not met and winning traditions not sustained.  GG has not yet shown that he can staff, recruit and coach in such a way as to be consistently competitive in the CAA. WB has a rough year going in MBB, but he has a track record of success at his level and getting back on track when the wheels look about to come off. The whole handcuffing contract extension is probably a major sticking point for many of us.  

I totally understand.  It may or may not take as long as we think to be competitive.  I just chose to look for positives.

Edited by HOF2013

6 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I totally understand.  It may or may not take as long as we think to be competitive.  I just chose to look for positives.

You keep saying this... But it's been 5 years and even you HAVE to agree we are in worse position this off season then even last... What it comes down is you think it will get better and thus working really hard carrying Gattusos water... I hope he rewards you with not being a loser. 

As I said, I hope he proves me wrong... I really do but until he does. I'm gonna continue to rip him incessantly until he does something that warrents me backing off. And will continue to slam Benson as well.

3 hours ago, Clickclack said:

You keep saying this... But it's been 5 years and even you HAVE to agree we are in worse position this off season then even last... What it comes down is you think it will get better and thus working really hard carrying Gattusos water... I hope he rewards you with not being a loser. 

As I said, I hope he proves me wrong... I really do but until he does. I'm gonna continue to rip him incessantly until he does something that warrents me backing off. And will continue to slam Benson as well.

Stop being an ass!!!  I don't agree so stop putting me in your angry world.  As I said I am not going to respond to you  any more.

• Haha 1

AND this is a recruiting thread NOT the attack the coaching staff thread.  I wish a moderator would remove all this crap and move it to the fire Gattuso thread you perpetually angry guys started!!!!  

STOP putting this crap on this THREAD!!!!  I started this specifically to talk recruiting NOT for this constant crap!!!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2018 at 10:52 AM, UAalum72 said:

No

Maloney committed but never signed w/ UConn. They wanted him to go to prep school first. He decided Albany is a better fit, will enroll Jan. 21

Note: UAlbany also signed a left-handed quarterback, Shane McLaughlin, from Lackawanna Community College in Scranton, Pa. He'll compete with freshman Jeff Undercuffler and redshirt sophomore Nyc Burns. ... Gattuso said he's having right knee replacement surgery on Feb. 5, but plans to be ready for the start of spring practice.

Saw that.  Three better QB's to push each other and fight for the starting position.

11 hours ago, Clickclack said:

So you think we as a program are in a better place then a few years ago? Genuinely curious. 

Guys, please stop. Both sides of this argument has run it's course.  It's now who can piss who off the most and honestly becoming a bit annoying to read all the time. I want to read about recruits.  Create an argument thread where you can all yell at each other and others can ignore.  Thanks!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!