UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Spring Football Tweets and Other Stuff

I'd be emailing and/or calling Benson (and CC'ing Mason, Koloskie, Roche/Wilson, Cegles - all contact info here: http://www.ualbanysports.com/StaffDirectory.dbml) at this point if Nate Mason at the ticketing office can't get his **** together. It is inexcusable to have the payment system be down this long. It's run by a 3rd party I'm sure but this should be a SEV1 issue, IMO.

18 minutes ago, Eli said:

I'd be emailing and/or calling Benson (and CC'ing Mason, Koloskie, Roche/Wilson, Cegles - all contact info here: http://www.ualbanysports.com/StaffDirectory.dbml) at this point if Nate Mason at the ticketing office can't get his **** together. It is inexcusable to have the payment system be down this long. It's run by a 3rd party I'm sure but this should be a SEV1 issue, IMO.

It's not a technical question I don't think...they haven't invoiced as nothing shows up to renew meaning that they haven't released the invoices for payment. Most likely due to the fact that they can't figure out the accounting side of this due to exemption status change when new tax laws took effect. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Clickclack said:

It's not a technical question I don't think...they haven't invoiced as nothing shows up to renew meaning that they haven't released the invoices for payment. Most likely due to the fact that they can't figure out the accounting side of this due to exemption status change when new tax laws took effect. 

What “exemption status change” are you talking about?  The new tax law has zero to do with accounting on the part of Athletics.  Tickets should be on sale for the general public by now. The first home game is a little more than 3 months away.  Benson has been a bust on professionalizing this part of the Department.  The schedule has been out for months,  the deadline to renew should have been set so any nonrenewed seats can go to new buyers.  This is the time to sign up groups for games and sell new season tickets.  It’s not accounting, it’s incompetence and ineptitude.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sarge965 said:

What “exemption status change” are you talking about?  The new tax law has zero to do with accounting on the part of Athletics.  Tickets should be on sale for the general public by now. The first home game is a little more than 3 months away.  Benson has been a bust on professionalizing this part of the Department.  The schedule has been out for months,  the deadline to renew should have been set so any nonrenewed seats can go to new buyers.  This is the time to sign up groups for games and sell new season tickets.  It’s not accounting, it’s incompetence and ineptitude.

I thought there was something about being able to write the ticket costs off as donation or something...am I just inventing that in this crazy head of mine? The new tax law made some change to that I believe. If not...than this is just pure incompetence. 

When I last contacted ticket office in early May, I was told that they were hoping to go out with the renewals next week (meaning the week of May 14th) not only did that NOT happen but we are now almost a month removed and still crickets. This is absolutely embarrassing on their end. 

Edited by Clickclack

It should have ZERO to do with putting tix up for sale.  Period.

I've had fans from other schools (Delaware and others) asking when the game times would be announced so they could buy tix. Nada to give them.

We should be trying to get sales as quickly as possible.  Ticketing, as Sarge points out, has been abysmal under Benson (for all the good he may have done so far).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

There it is...do you know if that's leading to delays with renewals?

Even if that's the reasoning..the tax law was signed nearly half a year ago. We're not the only institution this applies to. Way past time to have figured this thing out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Even if that's the reasoning..the tax law was signed nearly half a year ago. We're not the only institution this applies to. Way past time to have figured this thing out. 

No kidding...in May, maybe they still needed time but next week is middle of June...training camps open in what, like 40 days or something?

8 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

It should have ZERO to do with putting tix up for sale.  Period.

I've had fans from other schools (Delaware and others) asking when the game times would be announced so they could buy tix. Nada to give them.

We should be trying to get sales as quickly as possible.  Ticketing, as Sarge points out, has been abysmal under Benson (for all the good he may have done so far).

The entire administrative part of running the program has been a complete train-wreck. Policy making decisions, communication now tickets...complete disaster. It sucks that fans have to WORK to buy tickets by emailing over and over essentially begging for updates on season ticket renewals. We are into June and crickets. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

The entire administrative part of running the program has been a complete train-wreck. Policy making decisions, communication now tickets...complete disaster. It sucks that fans have to WORK to buy tickets by emailing over and over essentially begging for updates on season ticket renewals. We are into June and crickets. 

He seems to be a good "marketer" per se, but terrible administrator.

And the Commissioner Cups?  If he takes credit for that...it's like Trumpf taking credit for the economy (or any President in their first term, for that matter).

• Like 2

I think it's whether they increase the ticket prices to include the former donation or some portion of it.  When it was a donation required to buy the ticket it was deductible to you, but you still had to pay it so the the tickets were more than list price.  Now they still want (and need) the $, but a portion is no longer 'subsidized' by a tax deduction if you itemized.  It's a matter of prices rather than the mechanism to pay for it.

17 hours ago, alum73 said:

The donation required for buying tickets is not deductible under the new tax law.  

It is still deductible - it is just that the standard deduction is much higher so many fewer people will itemize.  They have already been accepting donations at the same levels as last year.  Let’s see what comes out on Monday.