UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Spring Football Tweets and Other Stuff

No, according to what someone in athletics communicated to me, the required donations to purchase tickets is not deductible.  There are conference and nationwide meetings of universities about what to do about this.  There are some serious lobbying efforts to rescind this part of the new tax law..

Per the season ticket announcement "Your Preferred Seat Fund contribution is not deductible for income tax purposes. Following the passage of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (“Tax Reform Act”), changes were made to IRC 170(l) eliminating the 80 percent charitable deduction previously allowed for gifts associated with premium seating. You are encouraged to consult your tax advisor for applicability of IRS regulations."

I renewed mine today.  Nat is out until the 18th I think.  Wedding - his maybe!!!!

Edited by HOF2013

I made my seat commitment donation three months ago and yesterday get an email asking if I’m still going to want the seats. And if I want the free parking, I need to make a $100 donation...wtf? I’ll let you know if the left hand discovers what the right is doing. 

• Haha 2

I renewed my tickets yesterday and it seemed to know that I was paid up in terms of the seat obligation, so that’s a good thing. Overall the new payment website is confusing to me, but at the end it appeared to work ok. Perhaps the email I got was a generic one off of a list and the direct reference to me and the seat numbers was absent any account info. 

• 4 weeks later...

We made GDAC donation on Dec 29, 2017 after Athletics sent out an email stating if you get your donation in before the end of the calendar year they would count it towards your football and basketball seat requirement for the upcoming seasons. When we got our football ticket renewals it stated we had NOT paid our GDAC donation for our seat requirement. We reached out to Justin Brown who explained to us the documents sent out from Athletics was incorrect. And that in fact our Dec 2017 donations DID count for our 2018 Football and Basketball seat donation. He said the reason why the Athletics forms were incorrect was because when we donated in Dec 2017 they had yet to 'set up' the fund that the donations were going into. It all happened so fast they wanted to give fans the opportunity to donate in the 2017 calendar year since the tax reform was passed so quickly and with little information for them to go by. (Though I'm not sure why 7 months later Athletics doesn't have our donation tagged correctly for the 2018 season, but either way...)

So make sure that even if your online Athletics account OR the mailed forms they sent you state you did not yet pay for your GDAC seat requirement that if you think you did, contact Justin first before paying it. He will be able to let you know for sure if you really do owe a GDAC donation or if Athletics has old information.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Thanks 1