UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dane96

Spring Football Tweets and Other Stuff

No, according to what someone in athletics communicated to me, the required donations to purchase tickets is not deductible.  There are conference and nationwide meetings of universities about what to do about this.  There are some serious lobbying efforts to rescind this part of the new tax law..

Per the season ticket announcement "Your Preferred Seat Fund contribution is not deductible for income tax purposes. Following the passage of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (“Tax Reform Act”), changes were made to IRC 170(l) eliminating the 80 percent charitable deduction previously allowed for gifts associated with premium seating. You are encouraged to consult your tax advisor for applicability of IRS regulations."

I can confirm that tickets are now available to renew. The site has undergone some redesign and still some dead links for me. 

I renewed mine today.  Nat is out until the 18th I think.  Wedding - his maybe!!!!

Edited by HOF2013

I could have sworn I thought I paid for mine months ago but I guess not. Mine are up for renewal. Bummer! lol

When are renewals due by?

Edited by Eli

I made my seat commitment donation three months ago and yesterday get an email asking if I’m still going to want the seats. And if I want the free parking, I need to make a $100 donation...wtf? I’ll let you know if the left hand discovers what the right is doing. 

• Haha 2

donations are not deductable

I renewed my tickets yesterday and it seemed to know that I was paid up in terms of the seat obligation, so that’s a good thing. Overall the new payment website is confusing to me, but at the end it appeared to work ok. Perhaps the email I got was a generic one off of a list and the direct reference to me and the seat numbers was absent any account info.