UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Here we go next week vs. UMBC!

We all feel Fields could and probably should skip this one and then with the next 13 days off, he would be 100%.  He cant catch Lyles 400 point total  unless he avgs 7-8 pts/game thru national semi game but then again, he could.  How much does he and Marr value another Tewaranton for UA?  Is Fields not a frontrunner is he misses a 2nd game?

I'm absolutely going to trust Coach Marr and Connor, but I am still in the camp if Connor isn't 100% healthy there is no need for him to be on the field against UMBC. We need everyone who is nicked to have plenty of time to heal up, and this bye week is probably coming at a pretty good time. I haven't heard what the practice situation will be, but knowing the seniors I am sure there will be quite a bit of non official work going on to iron out any kinks.

I honestly thought Justin might have had an ankle issue having seen some of the hits he has taken.

UMBC with Justin at a minimum back in gives another week for some key guys to step up. On one hand it is great to see different guys emerge, but down the stretch I think Albany could see a lot of zone. I know i would zone us. Our attack is a given and someone in May is going to force the midfield to win a game. When it matters most,  my prediction is that McClancy, Eccles, and the Burgmasters will have to win a key game with outside shooting.

From my not so lofty perch the next two games are about fixing things for the final push, getting healthy. The key areas of improvement are eliminating unforced turnovers. I haven't gone back and looked, but I imagine we have had one game, maybe two where we had single digit turnovers. 12-16 turnovers a game greatly reduces the impact of what TD is doing on face-offs for the Danes.

I actually thought the ball movement yesterday was really good with the exception of the times Tehoka tried to muscle through double and triple teams. f we can combine that kind of ball movement with a healthy squad we are in store for a deep run.

• Like 1

This game, on paper, is a mismatch. Almost a 10 goal per game scoring differential and not much hope to significantly slow down TD at the dot.  UMBC has had some close games and must play some decent defense. Hopkins only beat them like 13-7. Hoping that none of the MBB mojo hasn't found its way over to the MLAX side down in UMBC. 

Edited by jimbo

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

This game, on paper, is a mismatch. Almost a 10 goal per game scoring differential and not much hope to significantly slow down TD at the dot.  UMBC has had some close games and must play some decent defense. Hopkins only beat them like 13-7. Hoping that none of the MBB mojo hasn't found its way over to the MLAX side down in UMBC. 

They lost to Lowell yesterday 10-7,  so mojo looks confined to hoops 

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

2018, I am by no means an expert; but it seems pretty nearly every team we  faced  has used a zone against us at least part of the time?? Does not seem to have affected us too much or what I have perceived as zones not really been zones???

You are putting me on the spot :D

I am sure teams have thrown zones a bit at us, but the only game I recall where the offense got an extended zone defense was against Lowell. As jimbo said above the man ups yesterday were much crisper for the most part with better ball movement, and a man down defense has a lot of zone concepts. So based upon our general difficulties in cracking the man up this year, and our general propensity to throw the ball away deeper in an offensive possession I would throw a lot of zone at us.

9 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

We all feel Fields could and probably should skip this one and then with the next 13 days off, he would be 100%.  He cant catch Lyles 400 point total  unless he avgs 7-8 pts/game thru national semi game but then again, he could.  How much does he and Marr value another Tewaranton for UA?  Is Fields not a frontrunner is he misses a 2nd game?

He only had 3 pts in the last two games total.

6 hours ago, jimbo said:

Did everyone notice the one successful man up from yesterday? Fast paced, crisp passes....it worked! One of the other man ups they got a decent shot off. 

I thought there were two man up goals yesterday - paid attention because we suck so much at them!  Could be wrong

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

You are putting me on the spot :D

I am sure teams have thrown zones a bit at us, but the only game I recall where the offense got an extended zone defense was against Lowell. As jimbo said above the man ups yesterday were much crisper for the most part with better ball movement, and a man down defense has a lot of zone concepts. So based upon our general difficulties in cracking the man up this year, and our general propensity to throw the ball away deeper in an offensive possession I would throw a lot 

I remember UMass definitely playing zone at least to begin the game.  

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I thought there were two man up goals yesterday - paid attention because we suck so much at them!  Could be wrong

No, you're right, but you had to look quick. The passes were so crisp the first man-up only lasted seven seconds, the second 18. The third we got two shots