UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena under investigation..

Just now, Eli said:

I get what you guys are saying...but it's crazy the school would just suck that up if they were winning considering, evidently, players are walking around Rt. 9 while others are riding a bus. That's asinine.

Apparently at one point this past year he actually intentionally LEFT a kid at an away game and the kid had to find his own way to campus...man that's brutal! 

5 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Siena fans were ripping us for a minor title IX issue and now this happens. 

I LOVE IT!!! I truly despise those arrogant pompous delusional jerks over there. 

Respectfully, the Title IX violations are not minor as UAlbany was short 97 roster spots.  But those violations do PALE by comparison what's going on over at Siena. All we have to do is add another sport.  How do you fix THAT problem over there?

41 minutes ago, kikuria said:

Respectfully, the Title IX violations are not minor as UAlbany was short 97 roster spots.  But those violations do PALE by comparison what's going on over at Siena. All we have to do is add another sport.  How do you fix THAT problem over there?

Move to D3

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bob87 said:

a start, but why not shut the school down

Depending on how big the settlement is but that may just happen lol. Aren't they are in grave danger financially as an institution?

1 hour ago, UAFAN said:

Move to D3

I assume that you know that D3 has the same Title IX requirements for proportionality, right?   Siena's solution to their Title IX issue was to cut football and focus on basketball.  When we were D3 the school cut the wrestling team (among others) to do the same thing. 

D1 requires a minimum number of sports on both the men's and women's side so the AD already has his back up against a wall. There's not a lot of ways to fix that problem that doesn't include adding another sizable women's sport.  As much as they seem to be trying to avoid that.  

31 minutes ago, kikuria said:

I assume that you know that D3 has the same Title IX requirements for proportionality, right?   Siena's solution to their Title IX issue was to cut football and focus on basketball.  When we were D3 the school cut the wrestling team (among others) to do the same thing. 

D1 requires a minimum number of sports on both the men's and women's side so the AD already has his back up against a wall. There's not a lot of ways to fix that problem that doesn't include adding another sizable women's sport.  As much as they seem to be trying to avoid that.  

Nothing to do with Title IX. Siena Basketball program(s) a disaster, and many programs non-competitive (see dropping of Field Hockey).

10 minutes ago, UAFAN said:

Nothing to do with Title IX. Siena Basketball program(s) a disaster, and many programs non-competitive (see dropping of Field Hockey).

Thanks for the correction. My info came from a guy that was playing football at the time. When it impacts you directly, I suppose it can color your interpretation of what you're told.  Agreed on the disaster of Siena basketball. Which disappointments me insomuch as cross-town rivalry's are almost always good.

This is going to get real ugly...Patsos announces to the media like the TU/Gazette that he'll have a press conference to address allegations tomorrow. Thing is...school has no plan for a press conference. He's going to apparently hold it from his lawyers offices or something. Gloves are off...they are going to the ground on this one...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Best line from the article....

Last November, the person said, Pete Durr, director of basketball operations, had allegedly told players and aides when they were at an airport in Charleston, S.C., that they wouldn't be paid their per diems that day because the coaches had spent the money on a large bar tab.

• Like 2