UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena under investigation..

What does everyone think this will do to the Albany/Siena game?

Does it make the game an absolute necessity for them to bolster that attendance number and help to drive renewed interest in their program under a new regime, or will that already happen because its a new regime?

Or do they walk completely because if they lose again next year, its just another reminder of how far they have fallen behind us?

Now that Jimmy is gone, and Nico, I wouldn't mind seeing the game renewed, under the correct set up. I hated the circus that Jimmy made the week, and I COULDN'T STAND watching Nico run his mouth the whole game. I would imagine Siena will hire a more professional coach this time around after what they have dealt with the past 5 years.

I truly think there should be a home and home. But I posted this b4 and I think it would be acceptable as well (too me). 

Siena stance has been, the game is for the community. That's why they won't come to the Sefcu. Well this will solve it:

Sign a 4 year deal. Every year the game is at the Times Union Center. In return Albany gets 80 percent of the revenue. Siena will keep 20 percent to pay for operational costs.

If it's really about the community Siena would sign this asap. The game stays and Siena losses no money. When they say NO, and we all know they will, they can never again state it's all about the community.

They get the home field advantage and nobody is closed out and in return we get all the money .

All kidding aside given what they are arguing, it's perfect .

1 hour ago, Dane06grad said:

What does everyone think this will do to the Albany/Siena game?

Does it make the game an absolute necessity for them to bolster that attendance number and help to drive renewed interest in their program under a new regime, or will that already happen because its a new regime?

Or do they walk completely because if they lose again next year, its just another reminder of how far they have fallen behind us?

Now that Jimmy is gone, and Nico, I wouldn't mind seeing the game renewed, under the correct set up. I hated the circus that Jimmy made the week, and I COULDN'T STAND watching Nico run his mouth the whole game. I would imagine Siena will hire a more professional coach this time around after what they have dealt with the past 5 years.

They are already busy and falling over themselves proclaiming the program is back... And thus we will be in our rightful place... Lol. 

I don't think they need this game to bolster any interest. As for me.. My stance remains the same, home and home or walk. 

• Like 1

Same. Home and home or I won't be attending anymore. We're too far along/too many years into owning them to EVER cater to them again. Bring your rear end to SEFCU or don't get 9,000 fans at a home game every other year. Your choice.

Home and home or walk. 

I was looking over at the LCC board and some one was actually talking about Pitino.  Seriously? And listed Becker at UVM as a top possibility. Why would Becker even consider going to an inferior program? He’s making $300k base plus incentives which is not out of line with what JP was making. They need to realize that Deane put the program on the map, then Orr, Hewitt and McCaffrey rode the wave to bigger and better things. Then two clunker hires in a row and it’s back to square 1. LCC is gonna be a tough sell to recruits until the stink goes away. 

For the record, I do not hate the school in Loudonville and as a local resident have always rooted for the local teams...unless they were playing UA. They need a talented up and comer that sees opportunity in the face of recent adversity and pictures a stepping stone if they can get the program back to winning ways. Two strong programs in our area are better than one. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Number one their facilities are a billion times better than UVM. Siena is nowhere near as bad of a job as some say. There’s the fan support, university is all in, and the facilities are there.

They probably also have a little more latitude in who they can recruit in the MAAC. That's what kept Patsos from going to the Patriot League with Loyola. 

Siena isn't as bad of a job as we say but it's also not as good of a job as some of their fans believe. 

I'll be curious to see if this Patsos deal has any impact on them in the future. Right or wrong, they gave Patsos a contract extension, then when they didn't want to honor the deal they basically engaged in character assignation to get him to settle for less. They've made any coaching contract extension meaningless at Siena. I suspect any coach with any sense is going to realize that.

I'm not saying it will keep them from taking the job but after watching the Patsos deal are you really going to be excited if Siena offers you an extension?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Number one their facilities are a billion times better than UVM. Siena is nowhere near as bad of a job as some say. There’s the fan support, university is all in, and the facilities are there.

It's a good job, their budget, training facility far surpass UA or most ae schools. Several ae schools have very nice arenas now so any advantage there has narrowed. 

Don't kid yourself... Right coach gets hired they will he back in 2 years to being a good program. 

Will be interesting to watch their trajectory... They as an institution are broke and are struggling pretty badly financially... Allegedly. 

Edited by Clickclack