UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse at #5 Yale, 4/22, 1PM

Well here we go. This is the big one we have been waiting for. New Haven to take on another Top 5 team. A win could almost solidify the top spot in NCAA tourney (so long as Danes win AE tournament). A loss will most likely knock them out of the chance to get it. Grab the popcorn. ESPN3 broadcast, re-air on ESPNU.

Yale (10-2), #5 Nationally Ranked

02/17 vs Villanova L 9-10
02/24 vs Michigan W 15-11
02/27 @ UMass W 13-10
03/03 @ Bryant W 11-8
03/10 @ Fairfield W 8-3
03/17 @ Cornell W 13-11
03/24 vs Princeton W 16-8
03/31 vs Penn W 12-6
04/04 vs Bucknell L 8-9
04/07 @ Dartmouth W 17-7
04/14 @ Brown W 27-15
04/17 vs Marist W 14-4

Top Players

# Player Pos Yr    Hometown   G   A    P
2 Ben Reeves  A Sr    Macedon, NY  35   32   67
15 Jackson Morrill A So    Baltimore, MD  25   16   41
18 Jack Tigh A Jr    Garden City, NY  25   11   36
3 Joseph Sessa M Jr    Slate Hill, NY  16    6   22
44 Matt Gaudet A So    Hamilton, ON  14    5   19

Goalies (Saves-GA-Save %)

# Goalie Yr Hometown Saves GA %
23 Jack Starr     Fr     Washington, DC        91    87    51%
8 Brody Wilson     So     Downingtown, PA        14    11    56%
30 Hoyt Crance     Jr     Newport Beach, CA         2     4    33%

I'm taking the family to see the game tomorrow.  First time seeing them in person this year so very excited!  Plan on taking my 8 and 5 year old to the Peabody Natural History museum on  campus afterwards.  

Will be a battle I'm sure.  What is up with that score vs. Brown, 27-15?!?!

We have to play well and make a statement for sure!  Yesterday was good tune-up with Fields and Reh being back.  They missed a bunch of time.

I think our defensive intensity and consistency is going to be key in this game. They can’t take a possession off. Mackie, their FO man, is good, and may be able to limit  TD’s domination. Looking forward to a real war. 

Edited by jimbo

I am worried about Yale today. The last two games we have given up soft goals on alley dodges and JD just hasn't been seeing the ball as well as he was earlier in the year.

If we create scoring opportunities today with these slides which I still don't understand Yale will light us up. We need to regain our offensive efficiency and play much more disciplined on the defensive end.

I know the boys are ready and let's lock down that number one NCAA seed today.

Don't want to say anything to jinx because this is ALWAYS a tough game, Ivy League teams are tough! They are big a strong.  Our defense HAS to be good and tough.  We got beat straight up on the outside 3-4 times, I think, against Binghamton, wasn't on the slide.  Their guy just ran right by our defender and scored.

Edited by HOF2013

4 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I am worried about Yale today. The last two games we have given up soft goals on alley dodges and JD just hasn't been seeing the ball as well as he was earlier in the year.

If we create scoring opportunities today with these slides which I still don't understand Yale will light us up. We need to regain our offensive efficiency and play much more disciplined on the defensive end.

I know the boys are ready and let's lock down that number one NCAA seed today.

I am not.