UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse at #5 Yale, 4/22, 1PM

I think we were sold a bag of goods on Fields injury.   Had almost a month to recover and they stated he was 100% yet a non contact planting caused it to buckle again.  Not a dr but that doesn't sound like 100% healed if sprained again so easily .  Think his knee is not healed till June or July.  Can he play in NCAA's and be effective?  Doubt it now.

7 penalties on Yale

2 penalties on Albany

Perfect strategy. Just beat the $iena out of the Albany because they won’t do anything to retaliate 

The softness might run throughout the whole athletic program!

I keep hearing medicine game this and that. I get it and where this sport originated, but it’s different today. Effing lay into someone one your teammates are getting pummeled 

Edited by UA'08

I do not understand how teams get away with what they do against us.  Had several hold calls that were slashes - plain and simple.  We gotta start playing tougher.  Got to get bigger.  We had guys knocked around all day and they got the ground balls.  Our kids are just too small to be that rough.  Got beat on at a least 5 goals by bigger stronger guys just going right through us.  Nuff said.  And we got a bunch a fast small guys coming in.

Everyone can tell we just can't do it without Fields!!! Just saying!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I do not understand how team get away with what they do against us.  Had several hold calls that were slashes - plain and simple.  We gotta start playing tougher.  Got to get bigger.  We had guys knocked around all day and they got the ground balls.  Our kids are just too small to be that rough.  Got beat on at a least 5 goals by bigger stronger guys just going right through us.  Nuff said.  And we got a bunch a fast small guys coming in.

Everyone can tell we just can't do it without Fields!!! Just saying!

Exactly

I was at the game today.  The biggest disappointment to me was the lack of hustle/effort.  I hope it's like some said and they were just tired because if not the effort was embarrassing.  Yale may have been bigger and stronger, but they also played harder and fought for the 50/50 balls while our guys were seemingly standing around.  It seemed like Yale won almost every ground ball.  Plus the turnovers were amatuer hour.  First time I saw them live this year and it was an absolute train wreck.  Hats off the Yale though who is a very good team. Tehoka needs to learn another move other than trying to bully his was through double teams only to turn it over or force a bad shot.  Fields might not play again this year or if he does he won't be near 100% even if they hold him out.  Does this team win the AE tourney without Fields?  Based on today I would say hell no.  

• Like 1

I just feel terrible for Fields.  The kid has had a great career here and finally has the team to go deep and a shot at winning the Tewaaraton as a senior and this happens.  I really hope he is OK and can come back from this but I don't see it.  It just keeps getting hurt over and over. Terrible. 

I also feel horrible for Connor.

When he went down in the Lowell game I was adamant back then that he shouldn't have seen the field for many weeks and felt him going back in and then playing against Harvard was a huge mistake. He did look pretty good moving against Binghamton, so I am not sure what to say about what happened today.

It is easy to be negative after a day like today, but here are some things I have observed this year.

1) the team seemed to have peaked 4-6 weeks ago

2) At least IMO I didn't see the team improve throughout the year

3) Even when we were putting up a lot of goals the offense never really looked efficient and crisp.

4) Almost no transition goals this year

5) Maybe someone can explain to me but I haven't understood what we are doing on defense all  year long

6) Some guys who really needed to rise to the occasion just haven't been able to do it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I also feel horrible for Connor.

When he went down in the Lowell game I was adamant back then that he shouldn't have seen the field for many weeks and felt him going back in and then playing against Harvard was a huge mistake. He did look pretty good moving against Binghamton, so I am not sure what to say about what happened today.

It is easy to be negative after a day like today, but here are some things I have observed this year.

1) the team seemed to have peaked 4-6 weeks ago

2) At least IMO I didn't see the team improve throughout the year

3) Even when we were putting up a lot of goals the offense never really looked efficient and crisp.

4) Almost no transition goals this year

5) Maybe someone can explain to me but I haven't understood what we are doing on defense all  year long

6) Some guys who really needed to rise to the occasion just haven't been able to do it.

Excellent summary.  Been saying it all along .  Can Marr turn the team around without Fields?  Can TD figure out how to beat a bigger  guy?  Has Tehoka hit the freshman wall?  Can Diamond, Reh, Patterson score when needed?  

Any team in the country can lose on any day.   No dominant  team but right now we are not a favorite.