UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse at #5 Yale, 4/22, 1PM

45 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Fields when he collapsed looked like a torn MCL...no stability in the knee. 

As I have  said all along, knee HAS to be taped and then use the brace.

11 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I also feel horrible for Connor.

When he went down in the Lowell game I was adamant back then that he shouldn't have seen the field for many weeks and felt him going back in and then playing against Harvard was a huge mistake. He did look pretty good moving against Binghamton, so I am not sure what to say about what happened today.

I agreed and still do.  He shouldn't have played at all until Binghamton after the injury. Let it heal!!

19 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Even with fields it would not have made a difference. Sloppy everywhere 

Disagree. With Fields in the game worth 4-6 points at least; even not @ his best. Maybe a couple fewer TO's an extra clear or two. We are in the ballgame. I hate to say it, but this team lives or dies with Connor.

2 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Disagree. With Fields in the game worth 4-6 points at least; even not @ his best. Maybe a couple fewer TO's an extra clear or two. We are in the ballgame. I hate to say it, but this team lives or dies with Connor.

The time of possession was so lopsided it still wouldn’t have mattered. We got dominated at the X and couldn’t clear anything or hold onto the ball. Yes we were undersized, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be tough. I don’t know much about lacrosse, but on D our sticks seemed to be so inactive. Where was the intensity they showed when Irelan took a cheap shot at UMASS. Scrap a little. I’m not saying play dirty, but at some point let the other teams know you’re not going to take any $iena from anyone. How does Reeves take on five guys driving to the goal? I mean lay him the eff out. Take the 1 min penalty and throw in a cross check 

Story of the game 8-21 face-offs; 5 failed clears; 13 TO's; 40-15 ground balls; Ref's let yale be physical--called holds when slashes should have been called. Perfect storm for an @ss beating. Also, two games + travel in two days added to storm {but remember to win a national championship they will have to win two in two [but without travel between and same for opponent.}} Also, Marr did try to move bingo to midweek, but they would NOT comply. Thank you so very much AmEast for helping a fellow member, who has a shot at a national title!

18 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Story of the game 8-21 face-offs; 5 failed clears; 13 TO's; 40-15 ground balls; Ref's let yale be physical--called holds when slashes should have been called. Perfect storm for an @ss beating. Also, two games + travel in two days added to storm {but remember to win a national championship they will have to win two in two [but without travel between and same for opponent.}} Also, Marr did try to move bingo to midweek, but they would NOT comply. Thank you so very much AmEast for helping a fellow member, who has a shot at a national title!

We should have buried Binghamton then!!!  They hate us that much because we kick their butts every year????  Same with UMASS Lowell - refused to postpone even though the field was icy and slick AND Fields got hurt!

In my mind the lack of layoff of a few days absolutely hurt the team.  You could see it in lack of hustle at times, they were tired.  Not getting ground balls.  TD was knocked around again - pushed to the ground and beat up.  There were several he should have had but just got knocked around.  Were they Ivy League officials??  Does each league have their own officials or do they travel and do all D I games?  The stuff they let them get away with is pure BS.  Benson NEEDS do a better job in scheduling in the future.  Friday night and then 1 Pm Sunday is total BS.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1