UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AmEast Tournament and Beyond

Was in Hartford yesterday. Good game all around. LIKED what they did and how they used Connor. Hartford is not as bad as their record shows. Was senior day and they had a punch honored before the game. I am very surprised they are not in AmEast tournament. They are only two years removed from beating us and winning the AmEast bid and most of those kids were back this year after an injury filled 2017. But I thought UA played very well in all aspects; or maybe Hartford is as bad as their record???????

Speaking of the AmEast; I thought the AmEast had a 5-7 year contract with espn. How could they all of a sudden start charging $4 per month. Is the AmEast network now defunct??? Looked for the "replay" or the highlites on AmEast network --non existent. I guess you can get a 7 day free trial, which I won't do until fall when basketball begins again. I also enjoyed watching woman's volleyball's road games on the network the last couple of years. I will absolutely pay the $4 per month come fall, but still think there is a preach of contract here???????

Edited by dslyank

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

Was in Hartford yesterday. Good game all around. LIKED what they did and how they used Connor. Hartford is not as bad as their record shows. Was senior day and they had a punch honored before the game. I am very surprised they are not in AmEast tournament. They are only two years removed from beating us and winning the AmEast bid and most of those kids were back this year after an injury filled 2017. But I thought UA played very well in all aspects; or maybe Hartford is as bad as their record???????

Speaking of the AmEast; I thought the AmEast had a 5-7 year contract with espn. How could they all of a sudden start charging $4 per month. Is the AmEast network now defunct??? Looked for the "replay" or the highlites on AmEast network --non existent. I guess you can get a 7 day free trial, which I won't do until fall when basketball begins again. I also enjoyed watching woman's volleyball's road games on the network the last couple of years. I will absolutely pay the $4 per month come fall, but still think there is a preach of contract here???????

9 hours ago, cwdickens said:

What do the losses in the top ten mean to Albany? Any thoughts....

I guess we'll find out on Monday

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

I signed up but will cancel after lacrosse

On 4/23/2018 at 12:57 PM, JPompo6 said:

In future games against all teams not named DU and Yale, this is how I expect the game to go. TD wins the vast majority of face-off's, we tone down the offense a bit and use the 4 dodge (wing dodge) and use the initial dodge and pick/roll to generate a slide then sling it to the opposite high mid who now has a clear 1-1 and see what happens. The more "cautious" offense leads to less time on D which allows them to play harder for longer. If you think our D is the problem, it isn't.... Stone is one of the best UA has EVER had, if not the best. Our D gives up goals because they get worn down and aren't as tuned in due to the reliance on our offense to score a ton of goals.

Not quoting myself for any reason other than this is what happened against Hartford and it is IMO the blueprint to the most success. 

Also -  16 goals on 15 assists, exactly how our offense should work. The only unassisted goal of the day was when Ierlan got Protesto stuck on D and smoked him for a goal. Also - back to my "4 Dodge" comment. Inserting Ron Jon has been a great move. By my account he had 3 dodges that produced goals - 2 assists and 1 goal. Solid work out of him. 

With the emergence of advanced statistics in sports, I would love to see something that shows how productive a players initial dodges are. Kind of like the QBR in football, you get a certain amount of points in your dodge generates a slide, more if you generate an direct goal whether by direct assist or goal. Some of the best midfielders don't get the credit they deserve because they are the setup guy. 

Okay guys, My son can not attend Thursday or Saturday's game!!  he has an out of town wedding.  I have an extra ticket and parking.  If you are interested and need a ticket let's talk. 518-669-3312 my cell.

We are back up to 4th in NCAA rankings, Inside lacrosse ranking, ESPN rankings; 5th in coaches poll

Edited by HOF2013