UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tickets for Am East Playoffs

2 hours ago, uofalbany said:

So we have gone from the ability to watch America East championship tournament lacrosse games for free to being forced to pay ESPN to watch the same games

That’s the way I see it. Unless there’s some monetary benefit to UA it stinks. The problem for ESPN is that there are so many cord cutters that they are bleeding money. So if they can squeeze more money out of their viewers they will. It’s the nature of business. The only other way to see it live is to go in person. For me to go in person is a minimum of about $30 and I live a 1/2 hour away. So one game, half a year subscription to ESPN+. Chose your poison. If all our away football games show up on there at least there would be some added content. If it’s all our MBB games. They’ll have a lot of sign ups. 

Edited by jimbo

3 minutes ago, jimbo said:

That’s the way I see it. Unless there’s some monetary benefit to UA it stinks. The problem for ESPN is that there are so many cord cutters that they are bleeding money. So if they can squeeze more money out of their viewers they will. It’s the nature of business. The only other way to see it live is to go in person. For me to go in person is a minimum of about $30 and I live a 1/2 hour away. So one game, half a year subscription to ESPN+. Chose your poison. If all our away football games show up on there at least there would be some added content. If it’s all our MBB games. They’ll have a lot of sign ups. 

Do you already pay for cable though? That’s my beef. If I’m paying for cable and ESPN, current subscribers shouldn’t have to pay again. It literally makes zero sense 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Do you already pay for cable though? That’s my beef. If I’m paying for cable and ESPN, current subscribers shouldn’t have to pay again. It literally makes zero sense 

Oh yeah, I pay for it already. I fully agree that it makes no sense to have to do it again. See “bleeding money.” 

I told you all this is going to be a problem. I made an entire thread in the General Discussion Board about this.

I will GUARANTEE all basketball games will end up on ESPN+. The Ivy League already signed the deal to do it and it's going to happen to a lot of these mid-major conferences. The non-basketball stuff, like lacrosse, will probably stay on AE-TV, but if it's a premier match-up, like semifinals, it's gonna be pushed over to ESPN+.

I actually just cut the cord the other day with Verizon Fios. I'm gonna pay $93 a month just for internet and instead of the $192 a month I pay for Triple-Play now. Gonna sign up for the $60 Direct TV Now and will still be saving myself $39. I'll pay the damn $5 for ESPN+ and still be saving more than $30 a month on my Verizon bill. Just gotta find a way to make it work I guess.

11 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

I told you all this is going to be a problem. I made an entire thread in the General Discussion Board about this.

I will GUARANTEE all basketball games will end up on ESPN+. The Ivy League already signed the deal to do it and it's going to happen to a lot of these mid-major conferences. The non-basketball stuff, like lacrosse, will probably stay on AE-TV, but if it's a premier match-up, like semifinals, it's gonna be pushed over to ESPN+.

I actually just cut the cord the other day with Verizon Fios. I'm gonna pay $93 a month just for internet and instead of the $192 a month I pay for Triple-Play now. Gonna sign up for the $60 Direct TV Now and will still be saving myself $39. I'll pay the damn $5 for ESPN+ and still be saving more than $30 a month on my Verizon bill. Just gotta find a way to make it work I guess.

I can’t speak for anyone else obviously, but cutting the cord to save $360 a year just isn’t worth it. What does direct TV now get you?

$360 is better then nothing. It's better then pissing away $192 a month for a phone line I almost never use and pay to rent DVR boxes. I can buy another Firestick and it pays for itself. I feel like spending $192 a month is silly. I get every station my wife and I want with Direct TV Now, instead of now I'm paying for TV stations I have and will never watch (BYU channel). Saving the $20-$35 a month knowing i'm not pissing that little extra away for stations I don't need or want to me makes me feel better about myself, haha.

Also, the Verizon contract is a 2 year contract. So I see it say saving $720.

9 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

$360 is better then nothing. It's better then pissing away $192 a month for a phone line I almost never use and pay to rent DVR boxes. I can buy another Firestick and it pays for itself. I feel like spending $192 a month is silly. I get every station my wife and I want with Direct TV Now, instead of now I'm paying for TV stations I have and will never watch (BYU channel). Saving the $20-$35 a month knowing i'm not pissing that little extra away for stations I don't need or want to me makes me feel better about myself, haha.

Also, the Verizon contract is a 2 year contract. So I see it say saving $720.

What about local sports? SNY, YES, MSG. Do the network stations carry the Jets/Giants?

Edited by UA'08

3 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

What about local sports? SNY, YES, MSG

All 3 yup. SNY just recently got picked up on a bunch of the streaming sites. MSG is the hold-out on some, but considering they are owned by Cablevision, you can understand why they are not jumping on so quick. Only thing Direct TV Now doesn't have is DVR, but has everything On Demand. Playstation Vue does and I would probably pick Vue over DirectTV, but Vue is missing MSG. Gotta have that, haha. Also, any of these you just cancel. So if Vue gets MSG, I would probably go over there right away, as they are a few dollars cheaper.

However, if you got a good friend that does have MSG, see if you can borrow their log-in and use MSG GO App. Think you can be logged in to almost 3-4 computers at once for that.

5 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

All 3 yup. SNY just recently got picked up on a bunch of the streaming sites. MSG is the hold-out on some, but considering they are owned by Cablevision, you can understand why they are not jumping on so quick. Only thing Direct TV Now doesn't have is DVR, but has everything On Demand. Playstation Vue does and I would probably pick Vue over DirectTV, but Vue is missing MSG. Gotta have that, haha. Also, any of these you just cancel. So if Vue gets MSG, I would probably go over there right away, as they are a few dollars cheaper.

Interesting 

Side...Direct TV Now gives you first three months for $10. Also they are cheaper on pricing for HBO, Showtime etc...Think you also get a deal if you have an ATT account, as they own Direct TV.

47 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

Signed up for 7 day free trial and will cancel after the game.  So dumb. I guess this is ESPNs answer to so many people cutting the cord on cable and/or dropping ESPN from their cable subscriptions.

Is it AETV produced? Like the rest of the home games?

4 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Side...Direct TV Now gives you first three months for $10. Also they are cheaper on pricing for HBO, Showtime etc...Think you also get a deal if you have an ATT account, as they own Direct TV.

Can I watch ALL Yankee and Giants games?

8 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Can I watch ALL Yankee and Giants games?

Not sure why you would want to. Last season I missed many Giants games while I was at Danes games in various sports. :) it didn't seem like I missed anything worthwhile

Edited by bob87

16 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

However, if you got a good friend that does have MSG, see if you can borrow their log-in and use MSG GO App. Think you can be logged in to almost 3-4 computers at once for that.

Who picked up SNY...can't seem to find any info.