UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Play like we did first three quarters on Saturday and probably won't win.  Play like this against a top 10 team and will lose by a lot. 

Good to see them finally get a sense of urgency in the second half.  Played a lot faster, defense played a lot better and offense played faster. 

This isn't going to be very popular, but based upon what I saw tonight, as much as it hurts to say this, Connor shouldn't play on Saturday. PLEASE use this as bulletin board material!!!

Connor's injury has been mismanaged from the get go. It was good to see a spark out of McClancy tonight, but Justin Reh needs to start exerting himself more. Patterson and Eccles came up huge tonight.

26 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Going to look like an easy win for people who just see the score. Felt like a couple of hours in a dentist chair.

2 root canals and 3 extractions if you ask me

15 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

This isn't going to be very popular, but based upon what I saw tonight, as much as it hurts to say this, Connor shouldn't play on Saturday. PLEASE use this as bulletin board material!!!

Connor's injury has been mismanaged from the get go. It was good to see a spark out of McClancy tonight, but Justin Reh needs to start exerting himself more. Patterson and Eccles came up huge tonight.

I'm on the fence. It seemed to help on the man up when he stood by the end line with a defender on him and the rest of the team was 5-4.  He made some nice passes in the first half but in the second half he was pretty invisible.  Probably better to have another player out there because when teams realize they can just put their worst defender on him it won't be a good thing. 

This team is not going far in the tourney and it's amazing how much Fields  means to the offense.  I watch interviews during the week from him and he makes the injury is no big deal and he is feeling good but yet he can't do most of the things he needs to do.  Can we beat UVM without him at all out there?  Was he solely the reason we beat them 21-5 last Time?  Nope.  Others have to step up.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Ierlan 28 for 29 on face-offs

And until the last flurry, it is inexcusable to have not put more goals in the net.  I know they all have the green light to shoot, but we need to rein in the folly floaters that my mother could save.

• Like 1

Just now, nysteve661 said:

This team is not going far in the tourney and it's amazing how much Fields  means to the offense.  I watch interviews during the week from him and he makes the injury is no big deal and he is feeling good but yet he can't do most of the things he needs to do.  Can we beat UVM without him at all out there?  Was he solely the reason we beat them 21-5 last Time?  Nope.  Others have to step up.  

I agree with you.

I am really upset at how his injury was managed and must have said so a dozen times right after it happened. I don't know if holding him out until the tournament would have given him enough time to heal, but clearly the approach that was taken has put us in the worst of all worlds; he is good enough to get out on the field, but is so hindered that at least in tonight's game he was a detriment at times.

I don't know if we have been getting the straight skinny the entire time or not. The Danes are in the tournament win or lose on Saturday and at this point I don't know if a week of rest will make any difference whatsoever, but I wouldn't play him on Saturday.

28 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Actually agree.

Just got home from the game.    My first question is what purpose did the refs serve for most of this game>????? Seemed like they were going out of their way to help U Mass at every turn.   2nd is Why is our defense NOT aggressive and attacking other team's attacks like ours are aggressively attacked and beat up??  I have stated my opinion on Connor's injury.  No tape tonight - it was taped the last game under the brace.   I agree he is hindering us being out there and not used at all.  Not going to say much else.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Ierlan 28 for 29 on face-offs

I thought he won them all except maybe the first one of the game so that sounds about right.

12 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

And until the last flurry, it is inexcusable to have not put more goals in the net.  I know they all have the green light to shoot, but we need to rein in the folly floaters that my mother could save.

Agree with that.   Trying to force the ball when they don't need too.  Holding too long instead of making crisp passes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Just got home from the game.    My first question is what purpose did the refs serve for most of this game>????? Seemed like they were going out of their way to help U Mass at every turn.   2nd is Why is our defense NOT aggressive and attacking other team's attacks like ours are aggressively attacked and beat up??  I have stated my opinion on Connor's injury.  No tape tonight - it was taped the last game under the brace.   I agree he is hindering us being out there and not used at all.  Not going to say much else.

I'm no expert on taping, but Connor definitely moved better against Hartford, and as Kelley from the Gazette said in a tweet it did look like Connor was dragging his leg around tonight. It is hard to believe that Connor is more important than Lyle and Miles, but by the look of things maybe he is. I think you have to try and win without him on the field on Saturday.