UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-men-s-lacrosse-pulls-away-from-UMass-12886707.php

Marr also said he gets very upset that the league doesn't get more respect.  League teams play other teams from around the nation and are good.  Records don't always show how good teams are.  They compete!

I think coach makes a very valid point here. Quint K. is constantly knocking the AmEast and saying UA can't get better because they do not get good competition in that league. I think last nights game and {perhaps the umbc loss} helps UA get better. In lacrosse at least, I have always felt the AmEast has been a top half conference. Good coaches historically and currently. Every team in the league has made at least one ncaa appearance (except new lowell who has been to d11 many times) and has had two teams in, multiple times. Maybe the league does not get the best players, but IMHO top to bottom the league is as tough as MOST.

Last point. I went to the hartford game last week and Connor even though a 1/2 step slow looked GOOD. Like many of you, I do not understand why the knee was left un-wrapped yesterday. It was obvious to all 1500 (disappointing) in attendance and very obvious to umass that Connor could NOT perform . A lot of opinions on whether a 60-70-80% or whatever Connor can help the team or not. But if you ARE going to send him out there (and I am not a coach or medic or trainer), I do not understand why he was sent out yesterday not properly wrapped and prepared.

Also, I maybe be wrong; but it looked to me sitting directly behind the UA bench, that Connor took himself out of the game. Whether he did pull himself or it was coach's decision; it breaks the heart. Quality kid. One of the best ever. If healthy he would have certainly broke the all time scoring record.

• Like 2

Massey ranks America East seventh of ten conferences (6th of 9 autobids + the ACC). It's not the Big 10 or ACC but not that far from the Ivy or Big East. Vermont deliberately trashed their OOC schedule this year to get some wins and build buzz. Mission accomplished but an SOS of 57 doesn't help them or the league in the post-season. Too bad they blew a lead against Virginia

57 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Also, I maybe be wrong; but it looked to me sitting directly behind the UA bench, that Connor took himself out of the game. Whether he did pull himself or it was coach's decision; it breaks the heart. Quality kid. One of the best ever. If healthy he would have certainly broke the all time scoring record.

Totally agree. I feel so bad for this kid because he is so good and wants to be out there and help the team and he just can't.  Horrible way to end a historic career. 

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

TD called for a push. early in the fourth I believe; otherwise perfecto.

Yeah I forgot that one,  BUT it was after he won the FO and got the ball knocked from his stick that he then got called for a push.  As per rules he WON that one too (even if possession is for a few seconds and the ball is knocked away and the other team gains possession AFTERWARD  the win still goes to the first man to possess - paraphrase of what the rules states).

2 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Meh I don’t buy it. America East does not even compare to the IVYs B1G ACC and even Big East.

I don't necessarily disagree or agree - BUT even Marr thinks the league is better than they get credit for.  Many of the schools do play Big East, Big Ten etc. VT absolutely trashed their OOC schedule and THAT type of crap hurts the league in general.  Time for these school to get their butts and heads in the game and help the league and not just see the UA game as their game of the year.   What Binghamton did by refusing to change our game to mid-week is the kind of crap that ends up hurting the entire league.  Probably would not have made a difference, but who knows.  

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

Last point. I went to the hartford game last week and Connor even though a 1/2 step slow looked GOOD. Like many of you, I do not understand why the knee was left un-wrapped yesterday. It was obvious to all 1500 (disappointing) in attendance and very obvious to umass that Connor could NOT perform . A lot of opinions on whether a 60-70-80% or whatever Connor can help the team or not. But if you ARE going to send him out there (and I am not a coach or medic or trainer), I do not understand why he was sent out yesterday not properly wrapped and prepared.

Yep - can not help but agree 100%

23 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Play like we did first three quarters on Saturday and probably won't win.  Play like this against a top 10 team and will lose by a lot. 

Good to see them finally get a sense of urgency in the second half.  Played a lot faster, defense played a lot better and offense played faster. 

Defense FINALLY showed some aggression.  These teams come and beat our attack up and our defense tries to stick check rather than body check.  We HAVE to get more aggressive and tougher.  This will make a HUGE difference going forward.

Edited by HOF2013

16 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I'm no expert on taping, but Connor definitely moved better against Hartford, and as Kelley from the Gazette said in a tweet it did look like Connor was dragging his leg around tonight. It is hard to believe that Connor is more important than Lyle and Miles, but by the look of things maybe he is. I think you have to try and win without him on the field on Saturday.

We basically DID win without him on the field last night.  My thought is that he was actually a detriment.  We scored a couple of quick goals after he came out.  ALWAYS better to have active. capable and fast guys in there.

It honestly would not surprise me if it ultimately turns out to be a partially torn ACL.  Hate to speculate however, I had a very bad MCL tear and I was able to play, competitively and at a high level, 5 weeks after the injury.  

Connor is a tough kid and if the knee is giving him this much trouble I have to think something else is wrong.  Feel horrible for him, either way. 

Edited by Dane96