UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

First half thoughts -

great offensive start and ball movement 

JD and TD lights out in the first half

zone defense is our achilles heal - we lose patience 

defense is playing with passion

Tehoka needs to take better shots or stop shooting

turnovers - I am guessing at least 10 in the first half

Talked with some of the guys after the game. My impression is that Fields thought he could play but the coaches exercised veto power.

I thought it was a great coaching move when after a bad turnover by Tehoka, he was pulled for  few minutes, coaches talked with him and threw him back out there and then no more bad shots or turnovers. 

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

First half thoughts -

great offensive start and ball movement 

JD and TD lights out in the first half

zone defense is our achilles heal - we lose patience 

defense is playing with passion

Tehoka needs to take better shots or stop shooting

turnovers - I am guessing at least 10 in the first half

Agree.  Defense finally was aggressive - for the entire game - Looked good for the whole game I thought.   Offense still has issues with the zone but DID break it some.  Had a lull when they just passed the ball around outside the box instead of breaking through the zone.  Got to get a guy or two in the middle and moving across the zone, like they finally did.  Finally started doing it again in the 4th.  THAT disrupts that zone def.

4 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Talked with some of the guys after the game. My impression is that Fields thought he could play but the coaches exercised veto power.

I thought it was a great coaching move when after a bad turnover by Tehoka, he was pulled for  few minutes, coaches talked with him and threw him back out there and then no more bad shots or turnovers. 

Yep - 100% - and Marr went over and said something and they both laughed BUT they proved a point!

4 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I think the team psychologically got over a hump today.  Proving they are still good without Connor in the game.  The defense needs to stay aggressive and the Offense has to continue working on breaking that zone and I think we may be all right going forward

Attendance 1858. TD 20-20, UVM 0-21. But 14 turnovers to only 10 for Vermont.

Someone asked about time of possession. Never seen it in a box score, but announcers had numbers in the Denver-Georgetown on now, so somebody’s keeping track (Hoyas win 8-3, May cost Denver home game)

29 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Attendance 1858. TD 20-20, UVM 0-21. But 14 turnovers to only 10 for Vermont.

Someone asked about time of possession. Never seen it in a box score, but announcers had numbers in the Denver-Georgetown on now, so somebody’s keeping track (Hoyas win 8-3, May cost Denver home game)

May cost Denver the NCAA Tourney - they have 3 losses I think - two against ACC and won a couple by 1 goal, barely beat Towson, Georgetown and Marquette.

Thought attendance would have been higher.

Edited by HOF2013

Disappointing attendance. You could not ask for a better day for an outdoor sporting event. I can tell you that the crowd was loud and enthusiastic. $10 to park in Dutch today, but ticket was only $10 so all in all a good deal. Nice bucket over the head on Marr. The defenders were very aggressively pushing the attack past the goal which I liked a lot. 

30 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Disappointing attendance. You could not ask for a better day for an outdoor sporting event. I can tell you that the crowd was loud and enthusiastic. $10 to park in Dutch today, but ticket was only $10 so all in all a good deal. Nice bucket over the head on Marr. The defenders were very aggressively pushing the attack past the goal which I liked a lot. 

YEP!!

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/men/bracketology-update-bucknell-in-penn-out-as-of-saturday-morning

Before today's Games when Albany blows out VT, Denver Loses, U MASS wins, Robert Morris wins, Cornell wins yesterday, 

Maryland loses 13 - 10 to Hopkins.  Got to wait for the Cornell - Yale results tomorrow and the Duke BU game results tomorrow

Edited by HOF2013