UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

With Maryland 's loss to Hopkins last night Quint's bracket now has Albany with the 2nd seed and playing UMass at home with the winner probably playing Notre Dame. Now that would be a great rematch with a reasonably healthy Connor Fields.

Connor seemed to be walking around after the game pretty well. I had read speculation about how would the selection committee seed Albany based upon Connor's injury situation? Connor has already come out and said he is playing. I wonder if that is a bit of a smoke screen for the committee?

I am still perplexed about how good Connor looked against Hartford and how bad he looked against UML. Coach Marr made the right call yesterday, and I wonder if Connor's availability next week depends on the seed and who Albany draws?

I think Albany can handle just about any first round game without Connor with the possible exception of Denver, but to win it all we need Connor in some capacity. At this point I am not sure if one or two week's rest matters in terms of getting Connor back healthy enough to play at or near his best.

1 minute ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I think Albany can handle just about any first round game without Connor with the possible exception of Denver, but to win it all we need Connor in some capacity. At this point I am not sure if one or two week's rest matters in terms of getting Connor back healthy enough to play at or near his best.

Said the same thing earlier. I think the disparity between the top 6 and the rest of the field is huge

11 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

With Maryland 's loss to Hopkins last night Quint's bracket now has Albany with the 2nd seed and playing UMass at home with the winner probably playing Notre Dame. Now that would be a great rematch with a reasonably healthy Connor Fields.

Connor seemed to be walking around after the game pretty well. I had read speculation about how would the selection committee seed Albany based upon Connor's injury situation? Connor has already come out and said he is playing. I wonder if that is a bit of a smoke screen for the committee?

I am still perplexed about how good Connor looked against Hartford and how bad he looked against UML. Coach Marr made the right call yesterday, and I wonder if Connor's availability next week depends on the seed and who Albany draws?

I'm not perplexed at all.  I think it has to do with how well or poorly his knee is taped or wrapped under the brace.  They have to decide if they want him to play at anywhere near his ability [wrap it well] or not.  A tight wrapping will likely limit his ability to dodge some BUT will help support it and help him play.

10 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Said the same thing earlier. I think the disparity between the top 6 and the rest of the field is huge

I agree.  I was thinking UMass or Robert Morris as well

49 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

And now Yale loses just when you thought they were the hottest team.   What a lax season!  

WOW!