UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

43 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Just caught a bit of an Inside Lacrosse podcast talking about the seedings. One of the guys, can't remember his name, but he said some good comments on the game and scouting Richmond's offense against Albany's defense. We know one of the Richmond guys well from the club circuit, and if Avon flies around unnecessarily their attackmen can get the ball off quick.

Just saw a tweet from Kelly that Fields was not practicing which is what I expected from how he looked against UML. I honestly think it will keep the team even more razor focused and hungry to get to the next round. Another interesting take I heard and I agree with it, was that if Connor is out there less than perfect which would probably be the case, an opponent should shut off Jacob or Tehoka, and make a wounded Fields try to beat you on the dodge. Chemotti is a great coach and I would have expected him to do something like that if Connor is out there and really can't effectively dodge.

Agreed but that is why you dress him but not play him unless it is this situation:  down 3 or 4 goals at end of 3rd or start of 4th and the offense has been stagnant for 3 quarters.   Throwing him out there at that point may give team (And crowd) a lift and confuse defense to start covering him leaving someone open to get us back in game.  Of course we hope we are not in that kind of game.  Would not say alot about the rest of team falling flat and struggling.

I expect CF to get the start. I can't say I have inside information....but maybe I do..... or maybe I am hoping my fellow West Genny Alum Chemotti sees this and forms his game plan around it. Either way, Albany is going to win 80% of the face-offs, and when they do, I hope they run the offense I called for (and got) in the most recent games. The dodge down the alley, pass to the 4 man, set a (moving) screen is a deadly play and we see it work 2-4 times a game for goals. Not to look to next season, but how amazing would it be in Tehoka undergoes a body transformation ala Miles and develops that little extra quickness to get out of the instant double he faces. 

My prediction for the near term: CF starts and has 4-5 points in a 13-6 Albany win vs the Spiders.

ND dispatches a Denver team who isn't playing their best ball right now. CF's knee gets the medical attention needed to play 1 game at 90% (there are medical treatments that allow for this from talking to my brother who is an orthopedist) SUNY makes their first final four in a suprsingly defensive battle vd ND -- 9-7. 

• Like 2

I hope your moles are better than mine, but the beat reporters are also saying Connor hasn't been able to practice.

I so agree with you on the offense. The ball movement and high, low game against Vermont before they went to the junk zone was the best it has been all season.

You brought up the one thing about Tehoka that I have been thinking all season and I am surprised a bit, but you are right, other than the bull dodge Tehoka has shown no wiggle at all. He has played against really high end guys in the international events and he always showed the ability to do more than try and truck his defender, but so far we haven't seen any of that. He does seem bigger so maybe what you are saying is the ticket.

17 hours ago, JPompo6 said:

I expect CF to get the start. I can't say I have inside information....but maybe I do..... or maybe I am hoping my fellow West Genny Alum Chemotti sees this and forms his game plan around it. Either way, Albany is going to win 80% of the face-offs, and when they do, I hope they run the offense I called for (and got) in the most recent games. The dodge down the alley, pass to the 4 man, set a (moving) screen is a deadly play and we see it work 2-4 times a game for goals. Not to look to next season, but how amazing would it be in Tehoka undergoes a body transformation ala Miles and develops that little extra quickness to get out of the instant double he faces. 

My prediction for the near term: CF starts and has 4-5 points in a 13-6 Albany win vs the Spiders.

ND dispatches a Denver team who isn't playing their best ball right now. CF's knee gets the medical attention needed to play 1 game at 90% (there are medical treatments that allow for this from talking to my brother who is an orthopedist) SUNY makes their first final four in a suprsingly defensive battle vd ND -- 9-7. 

I agree on the treatments.  I have questioned whomever has been dealing with CF since he was injured.  Was my experience from years ago - may have changed now - many orthopedists are NOT sports medicine guys.  Different animal than dealing with the public and broken bones etc..

Edited by HOF2013

17 hours ago, JPompo6 said:

They are playing better without CF because he can not dodge - 5 on 5 and they put the worse def on Connor.  Now IF he is close to 90% he will help the team.  ND is the old nemesis - remember we were up 5 in the 4th and lost the game a couple of years ago.  Our D is far superior now though.  And we have TD.

20 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

4,081 tickets sold so far

School has announced they'll be giving away 1,000 student tickets Saturday morning (with free donuts)

Quick scan looks like seven seats available in the lower level, about 600 in the upper deck. Don't know why the two southmost sections on each level ("Bronze" level) aren't up for presale - for visitors, or saved for walkup sales? Section 109 is for the band

DO I REMEMBER THE NOTRE DAME GAME???? I remember exactly where I was when that game was played. I happened to be at a bachelor party on the Thousand Islands and to this day it still kills me that we lost that game. If you recall the sequence when we were clinging to the 1 goal lead and we made 2 saves, then they hit a pipe, and the ball shot all the way up to near midfield on the fly right into the stick of one of our middies and he ran down and scored. I thought that was the break we needed to seal the deal. Then of course there was Ty hitting the goalies facemask from 10 yars with 10 seconds to play. ugh. I think I despise Notre Dame more than any other team. When we played them in 2008 they were the biggest bunch of AH's going. We lost that game by 1 goal as part of our 0-5 start vs top 10 teams

Edited by JPompo6
  • Like 1