UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2020

3 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Another small forward? I dont get it.  

http://verbalcommits.com/players/jakorie-smith

Other places list him as a PF which makes more sense. Seems a little Garcia for Stony Brook as an undersized PF.

We're also listed as having interest in Arecko Gibson, a guard who attends the same JUCO.

That's the same Junior College where DJ Evans played and now coaches.

1 hour ago, Dane Pound said:

Other places list him as a PF which makes more sense. Seems a little Garcia for Stony Brook as an undersized PF.

We're also listed as having interest in Arecko Gibson, a guard who attends the same JUCO.

That's the same Junior College where DJ Evans played and now coaches.

Perhaps, Will plans on converting him to a point guard.  

13 hours ago, statefan said:

This would be the Danes luck, French gets a double-double in each of  his final 3-4 games and looks like a starter for next year and we lose him to grad transfer rule.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/25/2020 at 5:32 PM, blorp said:

Agreed. At the end of that season, I found myself wishing that he had another year at UA because he was really clicking with Cremo. Those last few games, and especially senior night when Travis was out, they had some good two man stuff going

I think Foster was used completely wrong. He was a talented player who was handcuffed in his time here. He was an impact guy on both ends. 

Update:

UAlbany Men's Roster 2020-2021					

Name			Position	Height	Weight	Year	Status
Brent Hank		C		6'10"	245	RJr.	Returning
Adam Lulka		PF		6'8"	240	RJr.	Returning
Malachi de Sousa	SF		6'5"	200	Jr.	Returning
Trey Hutcheson		SF		6'5"	-	So.	Returning
Cam Healey		SG		6'2"	185	RJr.	Returning
Antonio Rizzuto		SG		6'3"	180	Jr.	Returning
Sam Shafer		SG		6'6"	190	RSo.	Returning
JoJo Anderson		PG		6'3"	170	Sr.	Returning
Will Amica		PG		6'0"	160	Fr.	Incoming
Free Scholarship
Free Scholarship					
Free Scholarship					
Free Scholarship					

Possible Signings		Position	Height	Weight	Year		Status
Jordan Guest***			PF		6'9"	220	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Elias King**			PF		6'9"	200	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
DeMarcus Morris**		SF		6'8"	175	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
DeAndre Robinson**		SF		6'6"	200	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Manel Ayol**			SF		6'7"	187	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Meikkel Murray**		SF		6'6"	190	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Jakorie Smith**			SF		6'6"	220	RSo. (JUCO)	Offered
Isaac Chatman****		SG		6'6"	175	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Cahiem Brown**			SG		6'5"	180	RJr. (JUCO)	Offered
DeAndre Gholston**		SG		6'5"	210	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Arecko 'Rico' Gipson, Jr.**	SG		6'5"	160	RSo. (JUCO)	Offered
Shane O'Dell**			SG		6'4"	-	Fr.		Offered
Jayden Stone****		SG		6'3"	175	Fr.		Offered
Eric Reed, Jr.**		PG		6'2"	190	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Jalen Moore**			PG		6'0"	-	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Jalen Harris***			PG		6'1"	180	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Mardrez McBride**		PG		6'3"	175	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Dakari Johnson**		PG		6'0"	175	RSo. (JUCO)	Offered
Noah Hutchins***		PG		6'0"	160	Fr.		Offered
=======================================================================================
Jake Cook****			PF		6'10"	165	Fr.		LIU
Aidan Carpenter**		SG		6'5"	185	Fr.		Siena
Yahel Hill**			PG		6'0"	150	Jr. (JUCO)	Cleveland State
Donovan Newby**			PG		6'0"	170	Fr.		Milwaukee
Nate Shockey**			PG		6'2"	160	Fr.		North Dakota				

Departures		Reason				
Sasha French		Early Graduation
Mitch Doherty		Personal Reasons				
Ahmad Clark		Graduated				
Kendall Lauderdale	Graduated				
Romani Hansen		Graduated				
Nick Fruscio		Graduated (Non-Scholarship)

Edited by Eli

On 2/24/2020 at 11:28 AM, dslyank said:

Why do we get Grad Transfers that might be good "pieces"  [Hansen, Miller {not even a piece},Foster] but can ever find an impact player? Hartford especially, but vermont, umbc, new hampshire and mass lowell have all gotten major contributors/starters off this program since it's inception?????

Update to comment I made previously:   This year Harford had a 1st & 3rd team GRAD transfer;  Mass Lowell had a 2nd team selection;  and Hartford and New Hampshire each had 1 on the all defensive team. As in previous years, UA ZERO grad transfer impact players. Hansen was a nice piece once he learned the system, but like our previous grad transfers, NOT what you would expect from a 5th year player. IMHO if you are going to give out a one year schollie, he better be able to step in and be MUCH MORE than supporting cast.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

Update to comment I made previously:   This year Harford had a 1st & 3rd team GRAD transfer;  Mass Lowell had a 2nd team selection;  and Hartford and New Hampshire each had 1 on the all defensive team. As in previous years, UA ZERO grad transfer impact players. Hansen was a nice piece once he learned the system, but like our previous grad transfers, NOT what you would expect from a 5th year player. IMHO if you are going to give out a one year schollie, he better be able to step in and be MUCH MORE than supporting cast.

Recruiting. We suck at it. Brown needs to stop being loyal to former players and hire the best men or women for the job. I'm sure Stire, Knotts and Peletier (who isn't a former player IIRC) are great guys...but they seem to be wasted seats on the bench. Even Bassett, who once was credited with the reasons why we shot so well from FT line, has seemed to have lost his step since we suck at the line now. Time to let the man enjoy retirement.

19 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I still say if Hansen was given 30 min+ a game there’d be a chance for 3rd team. Obviously others disagreed.

I agree with you. He should have been playing a lot more at least from the start of the AE season.

Edited by Eli

3 hours ago, UA'08 said:

I still say if Hansen was given 30 min+ a game there’d be a chance for 3rd team. Obviously others disagreed.

I dont disagree at all . Oven the last 12+ games or more he should have been playing 30 minutes.  

I know we are working very hard on the trail and you would have to figure that Brown feels the heat. It will be very interesting. It seems we continue to recruit guys with no offers. I'm not saying you cant find a diamond in the ruff but there are over 350 D1 teams. We should be recruiting guys with decent offers attached to them. 

Edited by UA1882

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Would never happen but this is a giant blow to Bing.

Binghamton guard Sam Sessoms has entered the transfer portal, sources told ESPN. Averaged 19.4 PPG, 5.0 RPG and 4.8 APG. Second-team All-America East.

Not surprised.  He sees two more years of bottom dwelling, not surrounded by much and Dempsey as coach.  Problem is he has to sit out a year if going D1 unless that rule gets changed over summer like some have heard is in the works.  

• 3 weeks later...

Several offers out to JUCO players over the last couple of days.

Javaunte Hawkins, PG Butler CC

Jamel Horton, SG, Pratt

Jaylon Holmes, Guard/Forward, Lincoln Trail College

Simeon Kirkland, PF, Florida Southwestern

• Thanks 1