Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dane Pound

Recruiting - 2020

Recommended Posts

Are we still in the mix for Shane O’Dell from Schalmont? I just sort of discovered who he is.  His grandfather graduated HS 3 years before me and was quite possibly the best athlete ever to come out of the place (saw him play BB and FB many times) and his mother is in the Siena BB HOF. Definitely good genes! I see he’s offered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 4:09 PM, jimbo said:

Are we still in the mix for Shane O’Dell from Schalmont? I just sort of discovered who he is.  His grandfather graduated HS 3 years before me and was quite possibly the best athlete ever to come out of the place (saw him play BB and FB many times) and his mother is in the Siena BB HOF. Definitely good genes! I see he’s offered. 

Schalmont just sent a twitter message thanking Josh Pelletier for attending their workout today . So that must mean we are still persuing him. 

Looks like a decent player. He is 6'6, high IQ player but does not look very atheltic.  But I'll admit I dont follow him very closely. 

I would think we need an athletic big man, maybe 6'8 or taller but maybe O'Dell would be a good pick up. I have no idea. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

 

 Looks like that pic is for the AE Championship game vs Vermont in 2006.  I guess no one can find a more current one where SEFCU looks like a solid looking mid-major arena with SRO, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

 Looks like that pic is for the AE Championship game vs Vermont in 2006.  I guess no one can find a more current one where SEFCU looks like a solid looking mid-major arena with SRO, lol.

It's one of the best ones around. A company from CT made it into one of those panorama posters a few years ago. LadyDP got one framed for me a few years ago and it hangs upstairs in our house.  I'd like a Peter Hooley "the shot" poster too.

Edited by Dane Pound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Clickclack said:

A little surprised we're offering another guard. I thought we'd go for a guard and two bigs in next year's class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 9:47 PM, Dane Pound said:

A little surprised we're offering another guard. I thought we'd go for a guard and two bigs in next year's class.

At this level you have to go after the best possible athletes regardless of position. We never know who is going to transfer, who is going to get hurt, who is going to graduate early and leave....

Edited by godanesgo99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×