UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2020

Are we still in the mix for Shane O’Dell from Schalmont? I just sort of discovered who he is.  His grandfather graduated HS 3 years before me and was quite possibly the best athlete ever to come out of the place (saw him play BB and FB many times) and his mother is in the Siena BB HOF. Definitely good genes! I see he’s offered. 

On 9/27/2019 at 4:09 PM, jimbo said:

Are we still in the mix for Shane O’Dell from Schalmont? I just sort of discovered who he is.  His grandfather graduated HS 3 years before me and was quite possibly the best athlete ever to come out of the place (saw him play BB and FB many times) and his mother is in the Siena BB HOF. Definitely good genes! I see he’s offered. 

Schalmont just sent a twitter message thanking Josh Pelletier for attending their workout today . So that must mean we are still persuing him. 

Looks like a decent player. He is 6'6, high IQ player but does not look very atheltic.  But I'll admit I dont follow him very closely. 

I would think we need an athletic big man, maybe 6'8 or taller but maybe O'Dell would be a good pick up. I have no idea. 

8 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Looks like that pic is for the AE Championship game vs Vermont in 2006.  I guess no one can find a more current one where SEFCU looks like a solid looking mid-major arena with SRO, lol.

It's one of the best ones around. A company from CT made it into one of those panorama posters a few years ago. LadyDP got one framed for me a few years ago and it hangs upstairs in our house.  I'd like a Peter Hooley "the shot" poster too.

Edited by Dane Pound

On 10/10/2019 at 9:47 PM, Dane Pound said:

A little surprised we're offering another guard. I thought we'd go for a guard and two bigs in next year's class.

At this level you have to go after the best possible athletes regardless of position. We never know who is going to transfer, who is going to get hurt, who is going to graduate early and leave....

Edited by godanesgo99

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw on Twitter that Will Amica signed. PG of the future!

Press release out today. Some quotes from Coach Brown:

He has the unique ability to make his teammates better but also put up big numbers on the offensive end.  What I love about Will is that he is a winner.  Will was the best player and MVP on a state championship team as a junior in the largest classification that New York State has to offer. 

Since they've announced it, I have to think Will Amica is our only recruit for the fall signing period. We'll have two more scholarships to fill in the spring.

Edited by Dane Pound
  • Like 2

Update:

UAlbany Men's Roster 2020-2021					

Name				Position	Height	Weight	Year		Status
Brent Hank			C		6'10"	245	RJr.		Returning
Sasha French			PF		6'11"	215	RSr. (JUCO)	Returning
Adam Lulka			PF		6'8"	240	RJr.		Returning
Mitch Doherty			PF		6'7"	180	So.		Returning
Malachi de Sousa		SF		6'5"	200	Jr.		Returning
Trey Hutcheson			SF		6'5"	-	So.		Returning
Sam Shafer			SG		6'6"	190	RSo.		Returning
JoJo Anderson			PG		6'3"	170	Sr. 		Returning
Cam Healey			PG		6'2"	185	RJr.		Returning
Antonio Rizzuto			PG		6'3"	180	Jr.		Returning
Will Amica			PG		6'0"	160	Fr.		Incoming
Free Scholarship					
Free Scholarship				

Possible Signings		Position	Height	Weight	Year		Status
Jordan Guest***			PF		6'9"	220	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
DeMarcus Morris**		SF		6'8"	175	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
DeAndre Robinson**		SF		6'6"	200	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Cahiem Brown**			SG		6'5"	180	RJr. (JUCO)	Offered
DeAndre Gholston**		SG		6'5"	210	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Arecko 'Rico' Gipson, Jr.**	SG		6'5"	160	RSo. (JUCO)	Offered
Shane O'Dell**			SG		6'4"	-	Fr.		Offered
Jayden Stone****		SG		6'3"	175	Fr.		Offered
Jalen Moore**			PG		6'0"	-	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Jalen Harris***			PG		6'1"	180	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Mardrez McBride**		PG		6'3"	175	Jr. (JUCO)	Offered
Noah Hutchins***		PG		6'0"	160	Fr.		Offered
--------------------------------- Going Elsewhere ------------------------------------
Jake Cook****			PF		6'10"	165	Fr.		LIU
Aidan Carpenter**		SG		6'5"	185	Fr.		Siena
Yahel Hill**			PG		6'0"	150	Jr. (JUCO)	Cleveland State
Donovan Newby**			PG		6'0"	170	Fr.		Milwaukee
Nate Shockey**			PG		6'2"	160	Fr.		North Dakota

Departures		Reason				
Ahmad Clark		Graduated			
Kendall Lauderdale	Graduated
Romani Hansen		Graduated				
Nick Fruscio		Graduated (Non-Scholarship)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We offered Shane O'Dell a while ago and although he is not playing against the best competition,  he is still playing very well. Averaging 26 ppg, 16 rebounds, and 4 blocks a game. He does not have a ton of offers and at 6'6 does not fill am immediate need. 

However he would appear to be a good get and yet he remains uncommitted.  I'm guessing he wants to play elsewhere,  however I think he would be the kind of player will brown likes.