UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2020

A few new offers showing up on Verbal Commits...

Anyone know anything about Isaac Chairman? Looks like a 4 star recruit Campbell transfer that would have 2 years left? 4 star recruit with his only other listed offer being Detroit?

Had offers from Standford, Murray State, Auburn, Little Rock, and UAB out of High School. 

I know at least some of you are getting sick of me saying this but , WE NEED TO GET MORE ATHELTIC!!!!!!. Someone who can create off the dribble and make a basket. 

This coaching staff has been together for like 10 years. I will trust the players that they are offering but I hope there are others that are not mentioned. 

19 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Also an offer to Dakari Johnson at Cape Fear Community College. He's a freshman so it would hopefully be a situation like Ahmad where he'd come for three years.

Seen this kid on local news as CFCC is in Wilmington, up the road from me.  Scoring machine, nice stats.  6'0" 175lbs so not the biggest guy but maybe a 3rd point guard and insurance if JoJo is not 100%

23 PPG , 47.3 FG%, 43.4% from 3, 76.3 FT%, 4.8RPG, 3.1 APG

10 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I know at least some of you are getting sick of me saying this but , WE NEED TO GET MORE ATHELTIC!!!!!!. Someone who can create off the dribble and make a basket. 

This coaching staff has been together for like 10 years. I will trust the players that they are offering but I hope there are others that are not mentioned. 

Hold up all we heard all offseason was how athletic this team was suppose to be smh

• 2 weeks later...

As the season winds down, unless a miracle occurs and a team like SBU or UVM lays an egg in the AE tourney and UA finds themselves in the final, it will be time to look ahead.  If you really examine the roster, next season will be just like this one.  We lose Clark, basically sub in Amica with no D1 experience.  He may thrill us at times, other times frustrate us with mistakes, just like Clark.  Lose Lauderdale and Hansen.  Hansen did give some energy, rebounding, and a block or two.  And we lose Fruscio with no scholly.  Great kid but no actual game playing.  So CB has 2 openings as it stands now.  A HS stud forward is already signed elsewhere.  Leaves us JUCOs that are hit or miss and always need a season to adjust.  

As for the rest, does Doherty return?   Great if he does but I don't think he is a starter.  If his game was awesome in practice, he would have started some games earlier.  Will either Hank, Lulka, French turn into 12ppg, 8rpg guys?  Please.  Can Shafer give us anything?  See Doherty.  Will de Sousa and Rizzuto play to their potential?  Hard to see that after what we saw.  JoJo off of ACL surgery is an unknown and I could see him spelling Amica for a few min per game.  Hutchinson will be an asset with another year under belt and weightroom.  Have to like his future.  Healy should be 100% and get back to form?  Did plenty of film show coaches how to stop him?  

There are the facts.  Some of you will agree, some will say Lulka, de Sousa, Rizzuto will all avg 10-15ppg, Healy with 20ppg and Amica ROY and we win the AE.  I can't assume anyone will leave due to PT or CB telling someone not to return but that would only mean a late signing of a JUCO who could not sign elsewhere or a one year transfer portal guy.

I have no inside information but I dont think Doherty is returning. That would give us 3 scholarships. I know they are working hard on the recruiting trail and are tracking some very good JUCO players. (Not sure we can get them). We will see but I would imagine that we will find out soon enough. 

Why do we get Grad Transfers that might be good "pieces"  [Hansen, Miller {not even a piece},Foster] but can ever find an impact player? Hartford especially, but vermont, umbc, new hampshire and mass lowell have all gotten major contributors/starters off this program since it's inception?????

Edited by dslyank

2 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Why do we get Grad Transfers that might be good "pieces"  [Hansen, Miller {not even a piece},Foster] but can ever find an impact player? Hartford especially, but vermont, umbc, new hampshire and mass lowell have all gotten major contributors/starters off this program since it's inception?????

Because they never use them correctly. Foster was used incorrectly in my opinion and he should have played more than just 15 min a game. Same goes with Hansen as he was already a D1 player last year who averaged almost 10pts a game and is only playin 18 min a game this year. Hansen should have started from day 1 when he got here.

On 2/24/2020 at 11:39 AM, UA'08 said:

Foster was used incorrectly in my opinion and he should have played more than just 15 min a game.

Agreed. At the end of that season, I found myself wishing that he had another year at UA because he was really clicking with Cremo. Those last few games, and especially senior night when Travis was out, they had some good two man stuff going