UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

Sports cliche #43 “the best defense is a good offense”

BUT in lacrosse you have to possess the ball tp score

5 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I am pissed about the non-restricted transfer.  This HAS to be Benson's influence.  Not happy at all.  Also pissed that he has no loyalty to the program, to Coach Marr and to his teammates.  This is outrageous!  

The unconditional release is beyond outrageous...if he ends up at an opponent next year and we can't get the ball off the face-off what then? BS move.

I have been away and following the TD saga from a far. I am still confused WHY??  If he does not/cannot fit it with UA players & Scott Marr type kids; how does he expect to fit it anywhere?????? If nothing else and there is plenty more there, UA kids in all sports are kids of character, hard working,  over achievers and true student athletes.

If going to Cornell to be with his bother, I could sort of understand that; but since other schools are involved; I can only assume he is looking for the "best chance" of winning and has given up on UA or has no confidence in UA taking the next step. Good luck to him I guess.

Lastly. very angry about the unconditional release. Would $iena give such a thing? Would a power 5 give them? UnLikely. Only given in exceptional circumstances. 

On 6/8/2018 at 3:49 PM, uofalbany said:

Cornell doesn't give athletic scholarships, correct?  

They don’t give scholarships, but all Ivies give financial aid based on need. I know nothing of the Ierlan family finances, but it’s pretty easy to get costs down to a very palatable level.  You can go into the Cornell website and check their net cost calculator. It costs $72k a year to go there, but I put in some figures that seemed reasonable for a middle class family and it was cut more than in half. And you can’t make me believe that students with “special talent” don’t get a little tweaking of the formula. 

21 hours ago, TheLoudestTrumpet said:

Honestly, I think I am in favor of unconditional releases for all transfers, in any sport.

IMHO I think the ncaa already makes it TOO easy to transfer. Certainly change of coach, graduate transfers, and legit hardship issues are reasons for unconditional release; but overall restricting transfers within conference or to teams on your schedule are MORE THAN JUSTIFIED.

UAlbany has taken a clear position on releasing student - athletes; this practice allows UAlbany to avoid legal issues and bad publicity.  In the recent examples, our coaches have demonstrated an ability to move on better than others.  I applaud their resistance to comment publicly on this is issue other then Will's positive internet comments.  We need to understand the new world order.

On 6/8/2018 at 3:49 PM, uofalbany said:

Cornell doesn't give athletic scholarships, correct?  

I do not know put I think they have a wrestling team, better food and closer to Victor N.Y. Oh, by the way Ice Hockey

Edited by cwdickens
Missed something

On 6/12/2018 at 7:56 PM, cwdickens said:

UAlbany has taken a clear position on releasing student - athletes; this practice allows UAlbany to avoid legal issues and bad publicity.  In the recent examples, our coaches have demonstrated an ability to move on better than others.  I applaud their resistance to comment publicly on this is issue other then Will's positive internet comments.  We need to understand the new world order.

Article in this morning TU. NCAA has made it easier than ever to transfer. Player no longer has to ask for a transfer; only ANNOUNCE that he IS. In conjunction with this, NCAA will enhance no tampering rules. Since twice nothing or 100 times nothing is still nothing; it is going to be a free-for-all. How do you monitor a coach shaking hands with the opponent team and whispering to the opponents star, we could certainly use you. And certainly their is NO WAY to control alumni/etc from encouraging in any number of ways a player to ANNOUNCE and transfer. Also interesting to note the ncaa REFUSED to change the "conditional release/transfer" rules. So all teams including UA are totally allowed and protected from law suits to RESTRICT where a player may transfer to. 

• Like 1

I guess there was no torn acl?? Edit: read an article and yes he did/does have a torn acl?

https://twitter.com/LaxSportsNet/status/1007659474662944768

NEWS: @connorfields14 has been cleared to play by medical staff and has been activated by the Charlotte Hounds. The #3 overall pick in the 2018 draft is eligible to play when @CharlotteMLL plays the @LizardsLacrosse Saturday 7pm ET on http://laxsn.com  & the LSN app

Edited by DanesRGood