UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

#7 Mitch Laffin appeared to be the odd man out this year; but had good 2017 stats when Patterson got hurt or hit the freshman wall. Not tall (5'9") but good bulk @ 220lbs won't be pushed around easily. Played with Tehoka @ IMG. Probably not an answer @ the X; but should/could be a major piece 2019. Freshman bio:

2017: 
• America East All-Rookie Team
• Broke into the starting attack line, playing in 12 games and starting in final five
• Earned 11 goals, four assists and six ground balls
• Had two goals, an assist and a ground ball in win vs. UMass Lowell (3/25)
• Scored game-winning goal with 34 seconds left to send UAlbany to one-goal victory vs. Yale (4/22)
• Career-high five points off three goals and two assists in America East Tournament title game victory vs. Binghamton (5/6)

12 hours ago, dslyank said:

Native American. He is our #1 signee; out of Salisbury prep in Connecticut. I believe he plays/played with Tehoka on the Native American National team {assistant coach Scoot Marr.}

It looks like Salisbury is on ESPNU tonight v Hill @ 7

17 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I don’t recall anyone who is taller other than Kyle who was mentioned earlier. The biggest guys coming in are all poles. There still could be a few surprise guys in the 2018 class who are not listed. I have only seen 9-10 names which seems on the smaller side.

I was hoping we would land Scanlon or  Buckshot.

You are right,  Big and tall,  These young guys will all add weight over a couple of years just as they age and get in the weight room.

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Don't agree with all of this.  Other teams were taking cheap shots on him constantly and NOT getting called for it.  Again no respect for Albany.  He is young and the guy who retaliates gets the call.  He will learn BUT the officials have to make calls when the rules are broken - against BOTH teams.  

17 minutes ago, dslyank said:

He was playing for Hill Academy vs Salisbury in the espnu game mentioned above. Pretty sure announcers had him committed to syracuse? Said UA had two commits participating (McComber & ??). Cornell had 6 commits participating.

That's a Different Owen Hill - the one committed to Syracuse.  Our Owen Hill is from Akron in western NY

Edited by HOF2013

11 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

That is a different Owen Hill. There are two and it gets confusing. Last I heard, our Owen Hill, is still coming. The 2nd UA player was Hogg from Hill.

He's next year. 2019 Graduate