UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Anyone else catch the IL podcast with Foy and Quint?

There is some potentially not so good stuff. I had to pull over in the car to listen to the one spot again, but according to Quint there is one very good player he knows who is considering transferring to Albany and someone at Albany who evidently isn't very happy and is thinking about leaving. I rarely go on that lax power site, but there is a new Albany thread and people are saying they heard TD is transferring. You have to consider that source but to see that and hear someone who covers the sport say we may be getting a good one and losing a good one - no idea.

If the local bartender has heard it then it must be true. Quint in the podcast said it was because the unnamed Albany player wasn't happy. I can't think I have ever heard of a player transferring to an Ivy school in their junior year, but I guess it could be possible.  I have never spoken to TD in any great detail, but from what little I know it is hard to imagine that he hasn't been happy with his experience at Albany, but honesty don't know too much about his academic interests.

I saw that rumor on Laxpower and dismissed it as confusion with his brother from Victor HS going to Cornell.  I would hope he would never transfer but after the move by Cremo and Nichols,  you never know in this day and age.  Is he unhappy with his courses and major or he would like to play more midfield after a face off instead of running off field??  Not sure of what FOGO's think of that cause he can score alot if left out there.

Every young man or woman has to do what is best for their future. I can't say I know TD, but have certainly been around him. He is a very focused, and serious young man. Having been around the program it is hard for me to fathom how someone could be unhappy with the team and coaches unless they felt it was too loose and/or their academic needs are not being met.  I think TD really wants to win a national championship, and he is easily the hardest working guy on the team, and this is me purely speculating, but I wonder if he feels that there is the same amount of commitment all the way around??

Coach Marr is the ultimate player's coach, and if in fact TD is unhappy hopefully they can have a candid conversation and figure out a path forward. 

To lose two guys who could have been Tweaarton finalists the same year would be a big hole to dig out of.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

17 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

No idea but lacrosse media is reporting a potential high profile transfer out and potential transfer in so there is some smoke.

Could it be Coach Marr’s son transferring in? Did he graduate Hopkins in 3 years?

44 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

No idea but lacrosse media is reporting a potential high profile transfer out and potential transfer in so there is some smoke.

Maybe it's a straight up flip of Ierlan to Cornell and Teat to UA  lol.

• Thanks 1

To add some positivity this was also on that lax power conversation -

"Teioshontathe McComber is the next great NA coming to Albany, Tanner Hay is an absolutely legit D man, Weathersby and Palandjian are also fantastic, huge losses for Albany but they are bringing in some serious talent.

22 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

There is some potentially not so good stuff. I had to pull over in the car to listen to the one spot again, but according to Quint there is one very good player he knows who is considering transferring to Albany and someone at Albany who evidently isn't very happy and is thinking about leaving. I rarely go on that lax power site, but there is a new Albany thread and people are saying they heard TD is transferring. You have to consider that source but to see that and hear someone who covers the sport say we may be getting a good one and losing a good one - no idea.

Getting a "good" one but losing a "great" one if it is TD. Don't have any faith in our current other FOGO's and even if the transfer in is a goal scorer, we will not have the ball enough to make this an acceptable trade-off. Let's hope it's all a ruse or Marr works his magic to keep the player here.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Got a link to the podcast?  I don't see it on the site

NM -found it through IL’s Twitter 

Edited by uofalbany

A real downer - hope it is not true!!!!  Could it be Tehoka, Patterson or ANYBODY else??  

Edited by HOF2013